microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.sdk

Directory Services do I use this for authentication

Jeff Martyn

5/3/2002 2:39:00 AM

How do I authenticate a user given their credentials in .net ? would I use
DirectoryServices ?

I want to verify a users password without storing it in my own cache.

I understand I can use Directory Services, or is there another way ?

"WinNT://poketek/jmartyn"

or

"LDAP://ECHO/CN=Jeff E. Martyn,CN=Users,DC=echo,DC=bigcompany,DC=com"

2 Answers

Willy Denoyette [MVP]

Preferably not, call LogonUser using PInvoke, if you have the privilege to do so.

Willy.

"Jeff Martyn" <jmartyn@wirelessknowledgeNOSPAM.com> wrote in message news:OVcX3rj8BHA.1380@tkmsftngp03...

> How do I authenticate a user given their credentials in .net ? would I use
> DirectoryServices ?
>
> I want to verify a users password without storing it in my own cache.
>
> I understand I can use Directory Services, or is there another way ?
>
> "WinNT://poketek/jmartyn"
>
> or
>
> "LDAP://ECHO/CN=Jeff E. Martyn,CN=Users,DC=echo,DC=bigcompany,DC=com"

Jérôme Piquot

you can find answers on this subject in the ....security group.

Jérôme PIQUOT
WOLFF SA
6, rue de la gare
67120 ERNOLSHEIM SUR BRUCHE