Lars

8/28/2008 1:51:00 PM

Hi

My ASP.NET site is getting rather large in file storage. To avoid having to
upload the whole GB of data for every update I nee to update only the files
that where updated. If I change the code in the App_Code folder I can't just
recompile the site and only upöpad the binary files in the bin folder. For
some reason I also need to upload the aspx and cs files even if they wasn't
changes.

Does any one have a clue how to solve this problem.

Is there a specific dll file that I can upload only. For example the
App_Code.dll.

Sincerely
Lars

1 Answer

Nathan Sokalski

What are you using to do the uploading? Are you using the features of Visual
Studio, an FTP program, a network folder/directory, or something else? I
have always preferred using just a simple FTP program so that I can select
the files I want to upload and put them where I want, it sounds to me like
you are using a feature of some program that is trying to do more than you
want is necessary.
--
Nathan Sokalski
njsokalski@hotmail.com