microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.buildingcontrols

Is it possible that I disable the Designer

TZ

3/3/2008 11:27:00 AM

Good Day to Everyone,

I have created a class within a class library. The class is a direct DataSet
descendant.

public MyClass:DataSet
{
}

the class is shown in Solution Explorer , and behaves too, like a Component
Class.
This means that when I double click the class icon, I am transfered to the
Designer. Remember that if my class was just a simple class (an Object) I
would go just go to the code editor.

Well, this is exactly the heart of my question:
Is there a way (an attribute perhaps) that says to VS 2005 to ignore/cancel
the designer and take me directly to the code editor when I double click this
class of mine ???

Thanks in advance...

2 Answers

Teemu Keiski

right-click the file and select "Open With". In the list pick the editor you
want and click "Set as default". After this step (close the designer if
you've had it it open), it should open the specified editor when clicking
the file.

--
Teemu Keiski
AspInsider, ASP.NET MVP

<<
"TZ" <TZ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Good Day to Everyone,
>
> I have created a class within a class library. The class is a direct
> DataSet
> descendant.
>
> public MyClass:DataSet
> {
> }
>
> the class is shown in Solution Explorer , and behaves too, like a
> Component
> Class.
> This means that when I double click the class icon, I am transfered to the
> Designer. Remember that if my class was just a simple class (an Object) I
> would go just go to the code editor.
>
> Well, this is exactly the heart of my question:
> Is there a way (an attribute perhaps) that says to VS 2005 to
> ignore/cancel
> the designer and take me directly to the code editor when I double click
> this
> class of mine ???
>
> Thanks in advance...

TZ