microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.buildingcontrols

dragging my control to the designer issue

rodchar

2/6/2008 4:33:00 PM

hey all,
when i drag my control, that i built, on to the designer it shows up as the
smallest possible size. almost looks like a dot until i resize it then all
the controls show up.

can someone please explain?

thanks,
rodchar
5 Answers

Coskun SUNALI [MVP]

It is because most probably you didn't specify any default values for width
and height and the control thinks that its width and height are set to 0px.

Can you check that and let me know if you still keep having problems?

--
All the best,
Coskun SUNALI

"rodchar" <rodchar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> hey all,
> when i drag my control, that i built, on to the designer it shows up as
> the
> smallest possible size. almost looks like a dot until i resize it then all
> the controls show up.
>
> can someone please explain?
>
> thanks,
> rodchar

rodchar

how do you do that?

"Coskun SUNALI [MVP]" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> It is because most probably you didn't specify any default values for width
> and height and the control thinks that its width and height are set to 0px.
>
> Can you check that and let me know if you still keep having problems?
>
> --
> All the best,
> Coskun SUNALI
> MVP ASP/ASP.NET
> http://...
> http://www.pr...
>
> "rodchar" <rodchar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > hey all,
> > when i drag my control, that i built, on to the designer it shows up as
> > the
> > smallest possible size. almost looks like a dot until i resize it then all
> > the controls show up.
> >
> > can someone please explain?
> >
> > thanks,
> > rodchar

Coskun SUNALI [MVP]

You can do that in the constructor or you can create your own business rules
to do that or not to do that. It is up to you. You just need to check if
they are zero and set to an higher value if they are.

--

> how do you do that?
>
> "Coskun SUNALI [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> It is because most probably you didn't specify any default values for
>> width
>> and height and the control thinks that its width and height are set to
>> 0px.
>>
>> Can you check that and let me know if you still keep having problems?
>>
>> --
>> All the best,
>> Coskun SUNALI
>> MVP ASP/ASP.NET
>> http://...
>> http://www.pr...
>>
>> "rodchar" <rodchar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > hey all,
>> > when i drag my control, that i built, on to the designer it shows up as
>> > the
>> > smallest possible size. almost looks like a dot until i resize it then
>> > all
>> > the controls show up.
>> >
>> > can someone please explain?
>> >
>> > thanks,
>> > rodchar

rodchar

i tried setting the height and width but the effects were at runtime. the
problem i'm having is in the designer. am i missing an attribute or something?

"Coskun SUNALI [MVP]" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> You can do that in the constructor or you can create your own business rules
> to do that or not to do that. It is up to you. You just need to check if
> they are zero and set to an higher value if they are.
>
> --
> All the best,
> Coskun SUNALI
> MVP ASP/ASP.NET
> http://...
> http://www.pr...
>
> "rodchar" <rodchar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > how do you do that?
> >
> > "Coskun SUNALI [MVP]" wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> It is because most probably you didn't specify any default values for
> >> width
> >> and height and the control thinks that its width and height are set to
> >> 0px.
> >>
> >> Can you check that and let me know if you still keep having problems?
> >>
> >> --
> >> All the best,
> >> Coskun SUNALI
> >> MVP ASP/ASP.NET
> >> http://...
> >> http://www.pr...
> >>
> >> "rodchar" <rodchar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Coskun SUNALI [MVP]

I can't help further as long as I don't see the code.