microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.buildingcontrols

How to make a table draw lines between cells

Academia

12/26/2007 4:26:00 PM

I think this is a simple question but I can't find the answer.

I have in the head:
table.c7 {font-family: Verdana}

and in the body:

The cell are not outlined.
How can I force the lines between the cells to be drawn?

Thanks for any help

4 Answers

Anthony Jones

"Academia" <academiaNOSPAM@a-znet.com> wrote in message
> I think this is a simple question but I can't find the answer.
>
> I have in the head:
> table.c7 {font-family: Verdana}
>
> and in the body:
>
> The cell are not outlined.
> How can I force the lines between the cells to be drawn?

table.c7 td {border:1px solid black}
table.c7 th {border:1px solid black}

--
Anthony Jones - MVP ASP/ASP.NET

Academia

Works well but I can't figure the syntax.

Does it say, for example: Any table that references class c7 apply
{border:1px solid black} to the td's?

Thanks

> Works well but I can't figure the syntax.
>
> Does it say, for example: Any table that references class c7 apply
> {border:1px solid black} to the td's?

Something like that yes.

More accurately it says: Apply the style {border:1px solid black} to any td
that is a descendant of a table element that has a class name of c7.

See:-

http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/selector.html#descendant...

--
Anthony Jones - MVP ASP/ASP.NET