microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.buildingcontrols

Design Time Web Control access to DTE

Anthony Jones

11/15/2007 5:31:00 PM

Whilst building an editor for a Web Control I'm finding it necessary to
discover info about other folders and files of the web site that the host
page will be a member of.

Any suggestions how to go about this?

I was thinking about referencing the DTEs and getting to it that way but
I've no idea how in get into them without a connect as you would in an
Addin.

--
Anthony Jones - MVP ASP/ASP.NET

10 Answers

casey

On Jul 7, 8:42 am, elizabeth <elizabethfran...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jul 5, 2:51 pm, casey <jgkjca...@yahoo.com.au> wrote:

> > > It's settled law
> > > One must be human, and born alive.
> *ahem+
> > Laws are just made up things like religion.
>
> > Different country or time, different laws, they are never settled.
>
> This is one of the few that is.  Can you show me any law in any nation
> that says otherwise?

I am not knowledgeable of different laws however they are still made
up.
There is no divine revelation telling you what is right or wrong.

Before modern medicine there was a natural attrition of life so the
number of people in the world was fairly constant. I don't know how
many people the Earth can sustain but there must be a limit and that
would be my big concern if I was still a teenager.

> > Some laws are just laws of convenience such as when elite who make the
> > laws passed laws to protect their privileges.
>
> It's even in the bible, the "breath of life"

I don't use ancient made up explanations.

> and if you're a Jungian
> (live freud, die jung) you'd note that this is the case in just about
> every other tradition, religion, code of law, etc

Well I guess most laws are written by religious people. I would like
a rational political system making the laws.

elizabeth

On Jul 6, 4:29 pm, casey <jgkjca...@yahoo.com.au> wrote:
> On Jul 7, 8:42 am, elizabeth <elizabethfran...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > *ahem+
> > > Laws are just made up things like religion.
>
> > > Different country or time, different laws, they are never settled.

And away we go!

> > This is one of the few that is.  Can you show me any law in any nation
> > that says otherwise?
>
> I am not knowledgeable of different laws however they are still made
> up.

That is a foregone conclusion.

> There is no divine revelation telling you what is right or wrong.

Yup. And besides that, the bible does not ban abortion, and it was a
well known procedure at the time, which is addressed in Numbers
5:11-31 where a man could force his wife to abort if he had the
slightest suspician, with no proof, she had been unfaithful.

And then check out the story of David and Bathsheba, and see what god
does to the bastard child they produced.

> Before modern medicine there was a natural attrition of life so the
> number of people in the world was fairly constant. I don't know how
> many people the Earth can sustain but there must be a limit and that
> would be my big concern if I was still a teenager.

The best estimate is we can support up to 3 billion at lower middle
class western standards total

> > > Some laws are just laws of convenience such as when elite who make the
> > > laws passed laws to protect their privileges.
>
> > It's even in the bible, the "breath of life"
>
> I don't use ancient made up explanations.

The laws are very clear if you don't like the bible. All the laws,
all the statutory, the common law, all describe that a fetus becomes a
child when it sucks air.

> > and if you're a Jungian
> > (live freud, die jung) you'd note that this is the case in just about
> > every other tradition, religion, code of law, etc
>
> Well I guess most laws are written by religious people. I would like
> a rational political system making the laws.

You call what we have rational?

Are you on drugs? Should you be?

casey

On Jul 7, 10:28 am, elizabeth <elizabethfran...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jul 6, 4:29 pm, casey <jgkjca...@yahoo.com.au> wrote:
> [...]
> > Well I guess most laws are written by religious people. I *would like*
> > a rational political system making the laws.
>
> You call what we have rational?

Read it again.

The question was about when does a person become a person.

Now you either take that as a subjective definition or
you take it as I think it was meant. When do we become
the feeling, thinking sentient creature.

I would say it is a continuum but it is unclear at what
point we can say: This system has become sentient.

SkyEyes

On Jul 6, 4:29 pm, casey <jgkjca...@yahoo.com.au> wrote:
> On Jul 7, 8:42 am, elizabeth <elizabethfran...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > *ahem+
> > > Laws are just made up things like religion.
>
> > > Different country or time, different laws, they are never settled.
>
> > This is one of the few that is.  Can you show me any law in any nation
> > that says otherwise?
>
> I am not knowledgeable of different laws however they are still made
> up.
> There is no divine revelation telling you what is right or wrong.

Indeed, because there is nothing "divine" to reveal anything.

Brenda Nelson, A.A.#34
BAAWA Knight of the Golden Litterbox
EAC Professor of Feline Thermometrics and Cat-Herding
skyeyes nine at cox dot net OR
skyeyes nine at yahoo dot com

duke

On Fri, 6 Jul 2012 15:42:41 -0700 (PDT), elizabeth <elizabethfrantes@gmail.com>
wrote:

>On Jul 5, 2:51?pm, casey <jgkjca...@yahoo.com.au> wrote:

>> > It's settled law
>> > One must be human, and born alive.
>*ahem+
>> Laws are just made up things like religion.
>>
>> Different country or time, different laws, they are never settled.
>
>This is one of the few that is. Can you show me any law in any nation
>that says otherwise?
>
>> Some laws are just laws of convenience such as when elite who make the
>> laws passed laws to protect their privileges.
>
>It's even in the bible, the "breath of life" and if you're a Jungian
>(live freud, die jung) you'd note that this is the case in just about
>every other tradition, religion, code of law, etc

Is that statement a function of AD2012 knowledge?

The dukester, American - American
A vote for obama is a vote for the end of
democracy in America as we know it. Let the
rolling thunder guide your decision at the
ballot box to put an end to Imperial Obama.
May God bless America.

Virgil

In article
<413b0731-d5c4-41cd-a512-f60f8bfef548@f9g2000pbd.googlegroups.com>,
casey <jgkjcasey@yahoo.com.au> wrote:

> On Jul 7, 11:04 pm, Don Martin <drdonmar...@comcast.net> wrote:
> > On Fri, 6 Jul 2012 17:28:49 -0700 (PDT), elizabeth
> >
> > <elizabethfran...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > >Are you on drugs?  Should you be?
> >
> > Lovely comment, Madam.  My compliments.
>
> Compliment someone who didn't read what was written?
>
> CASEY WROTE:
> " I *would like* a rational political system making the laws."
>
> Now where did I call what we have rational?????
>
> It is what I *would like* not what we have!
>
> Atheism is a rational conclusion in my opinion.
>
> My interest is why otherwise intelligent people don't
> come to the same conclusion.
>
> Our behavior is determined by the way our brains are wired.
> We begin with a working wired brain which changes with experience.
> The end product for some is a belief in god and for others a
> belief in there being no god.

And in those who rely on objective physical evidence, neither.

I do not know for sure that there are any gods and
I do not know for sure that there aren't any gods,
though I rather suspect the latter.
--

Sir Frederick

On Sat, 07 Jul 2012 19:13:28 -0600, Virgil <virgil@ligriv.com> wrote:

>In article
><413b0731-d5c4-41cd-a512-f60f8bfef548@f9g2000pbd.googlegroups.com>,
> casey <jgkjcasey@yahoo.com.au> wrote:
>
>> On Jul 7, 11:04 pm, Don Martin <drdonmar...@comcast.net> wrote:

>> > Lovely comment, Madam.  My compliments.
>>
>> Compliment someone who didn't read what was written?
>>
>> CASEY WROTE:
>> " I *would like* a rational political system making the laws."
>>
>> Now where did I call what we have rational?????
>>
>> It is what I *would like* not what we have!
>>
>> Atheism is a rational conclusion in my opinion.
>>
>> My interest is why otherwise intelligent people don't
>> come to the same conclusion.
>>
>> Our behavior is determined by the way our brains are wired.
>> We begin with a working wired brain which changes with experience.
>> The end product for some is a belief in god and for others a
>> belief in there being no god.
>

>And in those who rely on objective physical evidence, neither.
>
>I do not know for sure that there are any gods and
>I do not know for sure that there aren't any gods,
>though I rather suspect the latter.

'People' need their stories. Whatever the well practiced
stories are, they become incorporated into the 'virtual
reality' and hence experienced as 'reality'. All this in the
context of many 'human' constraints. For one thing, 'humans'
do not understand brains, hence a lot of folk talk takes place.
For another, the place is weird, mysterious, and spooky, hence
a lot of folk talk takes place. Many other constraints apply.

As far as "becoming a person". Probably depends on the practiced
stories. Even 'personhood' is a form of folk talk.

Zinnic

On Jul 7, 8:55 pm, Fred M. McNeill <mmcne...@fuzzysys.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 07 Jul 2012 19:13:28 -0600, Virgil <vir...@ligriv.com> wrote:
> >In article
> ><413b0731-d5c4-41cd-a512-f60f8bfef...@f9g2000pbd.googlegroups.com>,
> > casey <jgkjca...@yahoo.com.au> wrote:

> >> Compliment someone who didn't read what was written?
>
> >> CASEY WROTE:
> >> " I *would like* a rational political system making the laws."
>
> >> Now where did I call what we have rational?????
>
> >> It is what I *would like* not what we have!
>
> >> Atheism is a rational conclusion in my opinion.
>
> >> My interest is why otherwise intelligent people don't
> >> come to the same conclusion.
>
> >> Our behavior is determined by the way our brains are wired.
> >> We begin with a working wired brain which changes with experience.
> >> The end product for some is a belief in god and for others a
> >> belief in there being no god.
>
> >And in those who rely on objective physical evidence, neither.
>
> >I do not know for sure that there are any gods and
> >I do not know for sure that there aren't any gods,
> >though I rather suspect the latter.
>
> 'People' need their stories. Whatever the well practiced
> stories are, they become incorporated into the 'virtual
> reality' and hence experienced as 'reality'. All this in the
> context of many 'human' constraints. For one thing, 'humans'
> do not understand brains, hence a lot of folk talk takes place.
> For another, the place is weird, mysterious, and spooky, hence
> a lot of folk talk takes place. Many other constraints apply.
>
> As far as "becoming a person". Probably depends on the practiced
> stories. Even 'personhood' is a form of folk talk.

Is the "Personhood" of an individual already present, along with his
consciousness, in the sperm and ovum that produces him? :)

Immortalist

On Jul 8, 12:03 pm, Zinnic <zinnic....@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jul 7, 8:55 pm, Fred M. McNeill <mmcne...@fuzzysys.com> wrote:
>
> > On Sat, 07 Jul 2012 19:13:28 -0600, Virgil <vir...@ligriv.com> wrote:
> > >In article
> > ><413b0731-d5c4-41cd-a512-f60f8bfef...@f9g2000pbd.googlegroups.com>,

> > >And in those who rely on objective physical evidence, neither.
>
> > >I do not know for sure that there are any gods and
> > >I do not know for sure that there aren't any gods,
> > >though I rather suspect the latter.
>
> > 'People' need their stories. Whatever the well practiced
> > stories are, they become incorporated into the 'virtual
> > reality' and hence experienced as 'reality'. All this in the
> > context of many 'human' constraints. For one thing, 'humans'
> > do not understand brains, hence a lot of folk talk takes place.
> > For another, the place is weird, mysterious, and spooky, hence
> > a lot of folk talk takes place. Many other constraints apply.
>
> > As far as "becoming a person". Probably depends on the practiced
> > stories. Even 'personhood' is a form of folk talk.
>
> Is the "Personhood" of an individual already present, along with his
> consciousness, in the sperm and ovum that produces him? :)

If the brain exists because it promotes the survival and
multiplication of the genes that direct its assembly and the human
mind is a device for survival and reproduction with reason being just
one of its various techniques then personhood is probably just the
activities of an assembled brain. Since the sperm and ovum contain the
genes that will direct the assembly of the brain and the person is the
activities of the brain then the person would not be in the sperm and
ovum but would instead result from those processes.

Zinnic

On Jul 8, 2:25 pm, Immortalist <reanimater_2...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Jul 8, 12:03 pm, Zinnic <zinnic....@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > 'People' need their stories. Whatever the well practiced
> > > stories are, they become incorporated into the 'virtual
> > > reality' and hence experienced as 'reality'. All this in the
> > > context of many 'human' constraints. For one thing, 'humans'
> > > do not understand brains, hence a lot of folk talk takes place.
> > > For another, the place is weird, mysterious, and spooky, hence
> > > a lot of folk talk takes place. Many other constraints apply.
>
> > > As far as "becoming a person". Probably depends on the practiced
> > > stories. Even 'personhood' is a form of folk talk.
>
> > Is the "Personhood" of an individual already present, along with his
> > consciousness, in the sperm and ovum that produces him? :)
>
> If the brain exists because it promotes the survival and
> multiplication of the genes that direct its assembly and the human
> mind is a device for survival and reproduction with reason being just
> one of its various techniques then personhood is probably just the
> activities of an assembled brain. Since the sperm and ovum contain the
> genes that will direct the assembly of the brain and the person is the
> activities of the brain then the person would not be in the and
> ovum but would instead result from those processes.

I guess my irony needs work but thanx anyway dear Immortalist.
Does my IPad know something about you that we do not know? Why else
does it keep correcting your nym to immoralist? :)