Jurjen de Groot

I'm looking for an ASP.NET control in wich I can let my users create a
simple drawing, some lines, rectangles.
Anyone know of such a control ?

TIA,
Jurjen

22 Answers

sloan

You probably should investiage SilverLight.

atalasoft.com may have something as well.

"Jurjen de Groot" <Jurjen.de.Groot@xs4all.nl> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I'm looking for an ASP.NET control in wich I can let my users create a
> simple drawing, some lines, rectangles.
> Anyone know of such a control ?
>
> TIA,
> Jurjen

John Doe

Silverlight? Maybe but not likely at this early stage development noting
what is being asked for is actually done using client-side code: JavaScript
and the DOM. I'd start looking around for DHTML solutions as that's how its
usually done.

<%= Clinton Gallagher
NET csgallagher AT metromilwaukee.com
URL http://clintongallagher.metromilw...

"sloan" <sloan@ipass.net> wrote in message
> You probably should investiage SilverLight.
>
> atalasoft.com may have something as well.
>

> "Jurjen de Groot" <Jurjen.de.Groot@xs4all.nl> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm looking for an ASP.NET control in wich I can let my users create a
>> simple drawing, some lines, rectangles.
>> Anyone know of such a control ?
>>
>> TIA,
>> Jurjen

erik.schuchmann@tnris.state.tx.us

You might look at <canvas>. It's not a .net control - it's entirely
client-side. You'd also have to implement the hooks for user
control. It's supported natively in mozilla, opera, and safari.
Googlecode has an opensource implementation for IE. More info here:
http://excanvas.source...

On Nov 2, 10:53 am, "clintonG" <nob...@nowhere.com> wrote:
> Silverlight? Maybe but not likely at this early stage development noting
> what is being asked for is actually done using client-side code: JavaScript
> and the DOM. I'd start looking around for DHTML solutions as that's how its
> usually done.
>
> <%= Clinton Gallagher
> NET csgallagher AT metromilwaukee.com
> URLhttp://clintongallagher.metromilw...
>
> "sloan" <sl...@ipass.net> wrote in message

> > You probably should investiage SilverLight.
>
> > atalasoft.com may have something as well.
>
> > "Jurjen de Groot" <Jurjen.de.Gr...@xs4all.nl> wrote in message
> >> Hi,
>
> >> I'm looking for an ASP.NET control in wich I can let my users create a
> >> simple drawing, some lines, rectangles.
> >> Anyone know of such a control ?
>
> >> TIA,
> >> Jurjen

Phil H

On 2 Nov, 09:30, "Jurjen de Groot" <Jurjen.de.Gr...@xs4all.nl> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm looking for an ASP.NET control in wich I can let my users create a
> simple drawing, some lines, rectangles.
> Anyone know of such a control ?
>
> TIA,
> Jurjen

You will not find anything remotely suitable in ASP.NET What you
require is purely a client-side solution. It is possible to do drawing
with ASP.NET but only programatically on the server.

Consider a Windows.Form application you won't do it as a web app.

Samuel R. Neff

This is accomplished relatively easily with Adobe Flash and Flex.

Here are a few examples:

http://www.flashcomguru.com/index.cfm/2007/9/28/flex-whiteboard...

http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/exchange/index.cfm?event=extensionDetail&ext...

http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/exchange/index.cfm?event=extensionDetail&ext...

And here's a full photo editor done in Flex:

http://www.p...

And Adobe is working on a version of Photoshop done entirely in Flex

http://blogs.adobe.com/jnack/2007/09/photoshop_...

With Flash/Flex it's even possible to have a shared whiteboard across
different peers. Adobe's Connect product has this built-in and
they're in the process of breaking connect up into a set of components
that can be integrated into custom applications.

HTH,

Sam

We're hiring! B-Line Medical is seeking .NET
Developers for exciting positions in medical product
development in MD/DC. Work with a variety of technologies
in a relaxed team environment. See ads on Dice.com.

On 2 Nov, 09:30, "Jurjen de Groot" <Jurjen.de.Gr...@xs4all.nl> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm looking for an ASP.NET control in wich I can let my users create a
> simple drawing, some lines, rectangles.
> Anyone know of such a control ?
>
> TIA,
> Jurjen

Steve

On Fri, 6 Jul 2012 13:37:08 +0000 (UTC), 3054 Dead <dead@gone.com>
wrote:

>On Fri, 06 Jul 2012 07:43:58 -0500, Mitchell Holman wrote:
>
>> David Hartung <david@hotmaiil.com> wrote in

>>> Which is the true purpose of this lawsuit. Shove atheism down our
>>> throats.
>>

>> Modern Christian: Someone who can take time out from
>> demanding that God be put on our currency and put in the Pledge of
>> Allegiance to complain that nonbelievers are trying to "shove atheism
>> down our throats".
>
>Given that Nobody himself has professed to being an atheist under his
>"Steve" account, I take his whine with a grain of salt. But then, I
>always do.

Well, first of all, I do not speak for the poster calling himself
"Nobody." Secondly, I have never professed to be an atheist and
instead I have said that anyone who proclaims to know the absolute
truth about the existence of a higher being has, IMO, proclaimed
himself to be a fool.

>Seniour Discounts are something everyone is eligible if they wait long
>enough. Lady's Nights are promotions that benefit the male clientel of
>bars.

SkyEyes

On Jul 6, 1:06 pm, Steve <stevencan...@yahooooo.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 6 Jul 2012 13:37:08 +0000 (UTC), 3054 Dead <d...@gone.com>
> wrote:
>

> >On Fri, 06 Jul 2012 07:43:58 -0500, Mitchell Holman wrote:
>
> >> David Hartung <da...@hotmaiil.com> wrote in

> >>     Modern Christian: Someone who can take time out from
> >> demanding that God be put on our currency and put in the Pledge of
> >> Allegiance to complain that nonbelievers are trying to "shove atheism
> >> down our throats".
>
> >Given that Nobody himself has professed to being an atheist under his
> >"Steve" account, I take his whine with a grain of salt.  But then, I
> >always do.
>
> Well, first of all, I do not speak for the poster calling himself
> "Nobody."   Secondly, I have never professed to be an atheist and
> instead I have said that anyone who proclaims to know the absolute
> truth about the existence of a higher being has, IMO, proclaimed
> himself to be a fool.

That's right - nobody knows the absolute truth (or indeed *anything*)
- about any "higher beings." That's why the vast majority of the
atheists on this group are also agnostics. Atheism is a statement of
belief; agnosticism is a statement about knowledge. I don't know that
any higher being exists, therefore I do not believe in one. See how
easy that is?

Brenda Nelson, A.A.#34
BAAWA Knight of the Golden Litterbox
EAC Professor of Feline Thermometrics and Cat-Herding
skyeyes nine at cox dot net OR
skyeyes nine at yahoo dot com

Null

On Fri, 06 Jul 2012 13:45:08 -0700, SkyEyes wrote:

> On Jul 6, 1:06?pm, Steve <stevencan...@yahooooo.com> wrote:
>> On Fri, 6 Jul 2012 13:37:08 +0000 (UTC), 3054 Dead <d...@gone.com>
>> wrote:

>> >Given that Nobody himself has professed to being an atheist under his
>> >"Steve" account, I take his whine with a grain of salt. ?But then, I
>> >always do.
>>
>> Well, first of all, I do not speak for the poster calling himself
>> "Nobody." ? Secondly, I have never professed to be an atheist and
>> instead I have said that anyone who proclaims to know the absolute truth
>> about the existence of a higher being has, IMO, proclaimed himself to be
>> a fool.
>
> That's right - nobody knows the absolute truth (or indeed *anything*) -
> about any "higher beings." That's why the vast majority of the atheists
> on this group are also agnostics. Atheism is a statement of belief;
> agnosticism is a statement about knowledge. I don't know that any higher
> being exists, therefore I do not believe in one. See how easy that is?

I'm pretty sure that for places of "public accommodation", like
restaurants, discrimination on the basis of religion is illegal. Sounds
like the plaintiff is on solid ground.

--
MarkA
Keeper of Things Put There Only Just The Night Before

First.Post

MarkA <nobody@nowhere.invalid> wrote in

> On Fri, 06 Jul 2012 13:45:08 -0700, SkyEyes wrote:
>
>> On Jul 6, 1:06?pm, Steve <stevencan...@yahooooo.com> wrote:

>>> Well, first of all, I do not speak for the poster calling himself
>>> "Nobody." ? Secondly, I have never professed to be an atheist and
>>> instead I have said that anyone who proclaims to know the absolute
>>> truth about the existence of a higher being has, IMO, proclaimed
>>> himself to be a fool.
>>
>> That's right - nobody knows the absolute truth (or indeed *anything*)
>> - about any "higher beings." That's why the vast majority of the
>> atheists on this group are also agnostics. Atheism is a statement of
>> belief; agnosticism is a statement about knowledge. I don't know
>> that any higher being exists, therefore I do not believe in one. See
>> how easy that is?
>>

> I'm pretty sure that for places of "public accommodation", like
> restaurants, discrimination on the basis of religion is illegal.
> Sounds like the plaintiff is on solid ground.

Where does it say that the patrons have to be religious or even a member
of the church? I can go up the street and pick upm a bulletin from the
church that I do not attend with no problem. BTW, restaurants all over
give away discount coupons to all kinds of churches and other non profits
regularly.
By your logic coupons clipped from a newspaper are discriminatory towards
people that don't buy a paper, "ladies' night" is discriminatory against
males at bars, and even lottery winnings are discriminatory agaqinst
those that can't afford to buy na lottery ticket and the list is endless.

The restaurant is not charging more to people who don't bring in a
bulletin as they are being charged the same price as on the menus on any
given day.
If they were to add additional charges for not bringing in the bulletin
then it would be discriminatory. Such is not the case.

wy

On Jul 6, 5:08 pm, "First.Post" <OccupierDumberThanD...@invalid.org>
wrote:
> MarkA <nob...@nowhere.invalid> wrote innews:pan.2012.07.06.20.52.47.948296@nowhere.invalid:

> >> That's right - nobody knows the absolute truth (or indeed *anything*)
> >> - about any "higher beings."  That's why the vast majority of the
> >> atheists on this group are also agnostics.  Atheism is a statement of
> >> belief; agnosticism is a statement about knowledge.  I don't know
> >> that any higher being exists, therefore I do not believe in one.  See
> >> how easy that is?
>
> > I'm pretty sure that for places of "public accommodation", like
> > restaurants, discrimination on the basis of religion is illegal.
> > Sounds like the plaintiff is on solid ground.
>
> Where does it say that the patrons have to be religious or even a member
> of the church?  I can go up the street and pick upm a bulletin from the
> church that I do not attend with no problem.  BTW, restaurants all over
> give away discount coupons to all kinds of churches and other non profits
> regularly.
> By your logic coupons clipped from a newspaper are discriminatory towards
> people that don't buy a paper, "ladies' night" is discriminatory against
> males at bars, and even lottery winnings are discriminatory agaqinst
> those that can't afford to buy na lottery ticket and the list is endless.
>
> The restaurant is not charging more to people who don't bring in a
> bulletin as they are being charged the same price as on the menus on any
> given day.
> If they were to add additional charges for not bringing in the bulletin
> then it would be discriminatory.  Such is not the case.

But they do add additional charges for not bringing in the bulletin.
Unless you somehow believe that the atheist family sitting next to the
Lutheran church going family will still get a 10% discount on their
meal without a bulletin just as the Lutheran family will with a
bulletin. It's called a religious bias, one that even discriminates
against other church-goers if the restaurant owner only selected the
Lutheran church and not the Catholic one or the Muslim one or the
Budhhist one.