Joe C

10/2/2007 11:18:00 AM

Does anyone know how I can use a repeater in a server control? This means I
do not want to have an ascx file. I am particulairly stuck with setting the
ItemTemplate property of the Repeater in the code behind.

thanks,

Joe C
--
www.xcomplica.com
8 Answers

wawang

Hi Joe,

To do this, you will need to first create a new class that implements
ITemplate, in ITemplate.InstantiateIn method, you create other controls
that need to be put in the template and add to the container. Later, you
create an instance of your new class and assign to Repeater.ItemTemplate
property.

Here's MSDN document and example on this:

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/librar...(VS.71).aspx

Please feel free to let me know if there's anything unclear. Thanks.

Regards,
Walter Wang (wawang@online.microsoft.com, remove 'online.')
Microsoft Online Community Support

[...]

Thanks Walter,

I'm on vacation right now but will give it a shot when I am back in the
office.

Regards,
Joe
--
www.xcomplica.com

""Walter Wang [MSFT]"" wrote:

> Hi Joe,
>
> To do this, you will need to first create a new class that implements
> ITemplate, in ITemplate.InstantiateIn method, you create other controls
> that need to be put in the template and add to the container. Later, you
> create an instance of your new class and assign to Repeater.ItemTemplate
> property.
>
> Here's MSDN document and example on this:
>
> http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/librar...(VS.71).aspx
>

> Please feel free to let me know if there's anything unclear. Thanks.
>

> Regards,
> Walter Wang (wawang@online.microsoft.com, remove 'online.')
> Microsoft Online Community Support

Aine

On Jul 3, 12:56 pm, Aine <mladya...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Jul 3, 5:19 am, hy <"(hy)hy_biscus"@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> > ren wrote:
> > > It isn't ethical for a doctor to treat someone who refuses treatment.
>
> > Is it ethical to listen to someone who needs us to listen to them, even
> > if we told them that listening to them was for therapy?
>
> > Is it less ethical to listen from our hearts, just for the sake of
> > listening and not for the reason of therapy?
>
> > Does listening for the sake of listening instead of for the reason of
> > therapy, make listening any less effective?
>
> > What if you listen to the silence because they refuse to let you listen?
>
> Why do you have to ask these questions if you are such a great healer
> and are so sure what you do is right?

Let me answer that for you. You are not a healer and you need
assurance that you are right because you have twinges you are not.
Funny, you turn to a professed liar because you will take anything,
whatever it takes from even the scum of a guy you know screwed with
your head and continues to..just to feel all right about what you do.

You sure that is the touch of Mary? Angels? Wow..you need ren to
validate you over them? Seriously sick and twisted. Both of you.

Lady Azure, Baroness of the North Pole

Aine wrote:

> On Jul 3, 12:56 pm, Aine <mladya...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> > > Is it ethical to listen to someone who needs us to listen to them, even
> > > if we told them that listening to them was for therapy?
> >
> > > Is it less ethical to listen from our hearts, just for the sake of
> > > listening and not for the reason of therapy?
> >
> > > Does listening for the sake of listening instead of for the reason of
> > > therapy, make listening any less effective?
> >
> > > What if you listen to the silence because they refuse to let you listen?
> >
> > Why do you have to ask these questions if you are such a great healer
> > and are so sure what you do is right?
>
> Let me answer that for you. You are not a healer and you need
> assurance that you are right because you have twinges you are not.
> Funny, you turn to a professed liar because you will take anything,
> whatever it takes from even the scum of a guy you know screwed with
> your head and continues to..just to feel all right about what you do.
>
> You sure that is the touch of Mary? Angels? Wow..you need ren to
> validate you over them? Seriously sick and twisted. Both of you.

But the Alfar and D'Anu are such twisted Lies??

Aine

On Jul 3, 8:09 pm, "Lady Azure, Baroness of the North Pole"
<laddie'o'lugh@gall's.org> wrote:
> Aine wrote:

> > > Why do you have to ask these questions if you are such a great healer
> > > and are so sure what you do is right?
>
> > Let me answer that for you. You are not a healer and you need
> > assurance that you are right because you have twinges you are not.
> > Funny, you turn to a professed liar because you will take anything,
> > whatever it takes from even the scum of a guy you know screwed with
> > your head and continues to..just to feel all right about what you do.
>
> > You sure that is the touch of Mary? Angels? Wow..you need ren to
> > validate you over them? Seriously sick and twisted. Both of you.
>
> But the Alfar and D'Anu are such twisted Lies??- Hide quoted text -

Whichever name you call yours by. They all run in the same circle to
me. Different avatars..different times.

Aine wrote:

> On Jul 3, 8:09 pm, "Lady Azure, Baroness of the North Pole"
> <laddie'o'lugh@gall's.org> wrote:
> > Aine wrote:

> > > Let me answer that for you. You are not a healer and you need
> > > assurance that you are right because you have twinges you are not.
> > > Funny, you turn to a professed liar because you will take anything,
> > > whatever it takes from even the scum of a guy you know screwed with
> > > your head and continues to..just to feel all right about what you do.
> >
> > > You sure that is the touch of Mary? Angels? Wow..you need ren to
> > > validate you over them? Seriously sick and twisted. Both of you.
> >
> > But the Alfar and D'Anu are such twisted Lies??- Hide quoted text -

> Whichever name you call yours by. They all run in the same circle to
> me. Different avatars..different times.

Most don't understand the term Avatar, and as such My Ancestors, couldn't be the
SPIRIT, they term a GOD!