microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.buildingcontrols

how to get the value of a field in a detailsview?

Chris

7/28/2007 3:02:00 PM

I need the value of a field of a detailsview in DataBound event.
i can find the fieldname with this:
Dim a As DataControlField
a = DetailsView1.Fields(0)

But how to get the value of that field?
i tried a lot of things without succes:
Protected Sub DetailsView1_DataBound(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As
System.EventArgs) Handles DetailsView1.DataBound
dim enqna as DetailsViewRow
enqna = DetailsView1.DataItem

or

dim enqna As DataColumn
enqna= DetailsView1.DataItem
or
Dim va As String
va = DetailsView1.Controls.Item(1).ToString

Thanks for help
Chris

4 Answers

chenhong

you could get the value of the field by get the value of the corresponding
label control value of the field.
the lable load event should do the trick.

"Chris" <gddfd@er.df> дÈëÏûÏ¢ÐÂÎÅ:OIDzIhS0HHA.1208@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
>I need the value of a field of a detailsview in DataBound event.
> i can find the fieldname with this:
> Dim a As DataControlField
> a = DetailsView1.Fields(0)
>
> But how to get the value of that field?
> i tried a lot of things without succes:
> Protected Sub DetailsView1_DataBound(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As
> System.EventArgs) Handles DetailsView1.DataBound
> dim enqna as DetailsViewRow
> enqna = DetailsView1.DataItem
>
> or
>
> dim enqna As DataColumn
> enqna= DetailsView1.DataItem
> or
> Dim va As String
> va = DetailsView1.Controls.Item(1).ToString
>
> Thanks for help
> Chris

Chris

Hi, thanks for replying.
I ommit to mention that the fields are templatefields, like this:
<asp:TemplateField SortExpression="enqna">
<EditItemTemplate>
<asp:Label ID="Label1" runat="server" Text='<%# Eval("enqna")
%>'></asp:Label>
</EditItemTemplate>
<ItemTemplate>
<asp:Label ID="Label1a" runat="server" Text='<%# Bind("enqna")
%>'></asp:Label>
</ItemTemplate>
<ItemStyle Font-Bold="True" Font-Size="Larger" HorizontalAlign=Center />
</asp:TemplateField>

So there is no 'label1a' load event (the value i'm interesting it).
Thanks

"chenhong" <chenhong@sinap.ac.cn> schreef in bericht
> you could get the value of the field by get the value of the corresponding
> label control value of the field.
> the lable load event should do the trick.
>
> "Chris" <gddfd@er.df>
> дÈëÏûÏ¢ÐÂÎÅ:OIDzIhS0HHA.1208@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
>>I need the value of a field of a detailsview in DataBound event.
>> i can find the fieldname with this:
>> Dim a As DataControlField
>> a = DetailsView1.Fields(0)
>>
>> But how to get the value of that field?
>> i tried a lot of things without succes:
>> Protected Sub DetailsView1_DataBound(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As
>> System.EventArgs) Handles DetailsView1.DataBound
>> dim enqna as DetailsViewRow
>> enqna = DetailsView1.DataItem
>>
>> or
>>
>> dim enqna As DataColumn
>> enqna= DetailsView1.DataItem
>> or
>> Dim va As String
>> va = DetailsView1.Controls.Item(1).ToString
>>
>> Thanks for help
>> Chris

chenhong

this question is the same as your another question,
see the reply there.

"Chris" <gddfd@er.df> дÈëÏûÏ¢ÐÂÎÅ:ubBG3jb0HHA.4568@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
> Hi, thanks for replying.
> I ommit to mention that the fields are templatefields, like this:
> <asp:TemplateField SortExpression="enqna">
> <EditItemTemplate>
> <asp:Label ID="Label1" runat="server" Text='<%# Eval("enqna")
> %>'></asp:Label>
> </EditItemTemplate>
> <ItemTemplate>
> <asp:Label ID="Label1a" runat="server" Text='<%# Bind("enqna")
> %>'></asp:Label>
> </ItemTemplate>
> <ItemStyle Font-Bold="True" Font-Size="Larger" HorizontalAlign=Center />
> </asp:TemplateField>
>
> So there is no 'label1a' load event (the value i'm interesting it).
> Thanks
>
> "chenhong" <chenhong@sinap.ac.cn> schreef in bericht
>> you could get the value of the field by get the value of the
>> corresponding label control value of the field.
>> the lable load event should do the trick.
>>
>> "Chris" <gddfd@er.df> дÈëÏûÏ¢ÐÂÎÅ:OIDzIhS0HHA.1208@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
>>>I need the value of a field of a detailsview in DataBound event.
>>> i can find the fieldname with this:
>>> Dim a As DataControlField
>>> a = DetailsView1.Fields(0)
>>>
>>> But how to get the value of that field?
>>> i tried a lot of things without succes:
>>> Protected Sub DetailsView1_DataBound(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As
>>> System.EventArgs) Handles DetailsView1.DataBound
>>> dim enqna as DetailsViewRow
>>> enqna = DetailsView1.DataItem
>>>
>>> or
>>>
>>> dim enqna As DataColumn
>>> enqna= DetailsView1.DataItem
>>> or
>>> Dim va As String
>>> va = DetailsView1.Controls.Item(1).ToString
>>>
>>> Thanks for help
>>> Chris

Chris

This has been solved.