Ryby vs Squeak

place4oracle

I like ruby and squeak. But I don't know which language to use for a project.
It will be an internal web project.

Pro / Cons .

Thanks for your advice ...

W.B
2 Answers

Eric Hodel

On Oct 9, 2004, at 11:59 AM, Warren wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I like ruby and squeak. But I don't know which language to use for a
> project.
> It will be an internal web project.
>
> Pro / Cons .

On the Ruby side you have Rails: http://rubyon.... It is MVC
for the web, and has the full stack.

On the Smalltalk side you have Seaside: http://beta4.com.... It
allows you to write applications in a very simple and straightforward
way, much the way you would write a console app.

--
Eric Hodel - drbrain@segment7.net - http://se...
All messages signed with fingerprint:

David Ross

Eric Hodel wrote:

> On Oct 9, 2004, at 11:59 AM, Warren wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I like ruby and squeak. But I don't know which language to use for a
>> project.
>> It will be an internal web project.
>>
>> Pro / Cons .
>

> On the Ruby side you have Rails: http://rubyon.... It is MVC
> for the web, and has the full stack.
>
> On the Smalltalk side you have Seaside: http://beta4.com....
> It allows you to write applications in a very simple and
> straightforward way, much the way you would write a console app.

There are also other Web frameworks you can use with ruby. Located at

http://rpa-base.rubyforge.org/wiki/wiki.cgi?Web...

--dross