Problems running rails with WEBrick

Don Coleman

10/8/2004 4:50:00 PM

I'm having trouble getting rails to run through WEBrick. Is there a
step I'm missing here?

don@debian:~$ ruby -v
ruby 1.8.2 (2004-08-24) [i386-linux]
don@debian:~$ gem list --local
*** LOCAL GEMS ***
actionpack (0.8.5)
activerecord (0.9.5)
rails (0.7.0)
rake (0.4.8)
sources (0.0.1)

don@debian:~$ mysqladmin create rails_production
don@debian:~$ mysqladmin create rails_test
don@debian:~$ rails ~/rails
don@debian:~$ cd rails
don@debian:~/rails$ sed -i '/^#!/{s,local/,,}'
public/dispatch.{cgi,fcgi,rb,servlet}
don@debian:~/rails$ sed -i '/^#!/{s,local/,,}' script/new_{controller,model}
don@debian:~/rails$ script/new_controller Test
don@debian:~/rails$ chmod +x public/dispatch.servlet
don@debian:~/rails$ public/dispatch.servlet
[2004-10-08 12:23:48] INFO WEBrick 1.3.1
[2004-10-08 12:23:48] INFO ruby 1.8.2 (2004-08-24) [i386-linux]
[2004-10-08 12:23:48] INFO WEBrick::HTTPServer#start: pid=5258 port=3000

http://localhost:3000 displays Congratulations, you're on Rails!
http://localhost:3000/test displays '/test' not found

If I run do a similar procedure for a rails app running through Apache2,
I'll get "No action responded to index" until I implement index in
test_controller.

14 Answers

Kevin Radloff

On Sat, 9 Oct 2004 01:50:21 +0900, Don Coleman
<dcoleman@chariotsolutions.com> wrote:
> http://localhost:3000 displays Congratulations, you're on Rails!
> http://localhost:3000/test displays '/test' not found
>
> If I run do a similar procedure for a rails app running through Apache2,
> I'll get "No action responded to index" until I implement index in
> test_controller.

The webrick servlet requires the trailing slash on "/test/". I believe
that's in the list of things to be fixed. ;)

--
Kevin 'radsaq' Radloff
http://s...

Don Coleman

> The webrick servlet requires the trailing slash on "/test/". I believe
> that's in the list of things to be fixed. ;)

The trailing slash did the trick. Thanks.

thomas p.

"Rockinghorse Winner" <rwinner@remove_this.hmamail.com> skrev i meddelelsen
>* It may have been the liquor talking, but
> DanielSan <danielsan1977@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On 1/22/2012 12:00 PM, Patrick wrote:
>>> "DanielSan"<danielsan1977@gmail.com> wrote in message
snip
>>> What caused the big bang?
>>
>> I don't know.
>
> If you don't know the very first cause of all, then you don't know what
> caused anything.

Nonsense, even if there was a first cause, and, so far, it is just an
assertion.

snip

--
thomas p

Ignorance is the mother of devotion.

David Hume

>* It may have been the liquor talking, but
> Free Lunch <lunch@nofreelunch.us> wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 22 Jan 2012 15:00:08 -0500, "Patrick" <barker_pb@erinot.com>
>> wrote in alt.talk.creationism:
>>

>>>"DanielSan" <danielsan1977@gmail.com> wrote in message
snip

>>>What caused the big bang?
>>>
>> We do not know. This may be a temporary limit or a permanent one for
>> scientists. Of course you know that there isn't any evidence that any
>> gods had anything to do with it.
>
> Well, there is a great big hole of ignorance - what caused everything. Is
> it
> possible that this Mystery is not due to lack of knowledge primarily, but
> due to the nature of that Cause. IOW, the reason astrophysics always ends
> in mystery is that God IS Mystery.

Or is isn't.

> So, when we bump up against mystery in our investigations what we are
> actually bumping up against is God....

Or we aren't.

--
thomas p

Ignorance is the mother of devotion.

David Hume

DanielSan

On 1/22/2012 1:03 PM, Rockinghorse Winner wrote:
> * It may have been the liquor talking, but
> DanielSan<danielsan1977@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On 1/22/2012 12:00 PM, Patrick wrote:
>>> "DanielSan"<danielsan1977@gmail.com> wrote in message

>>> What caused the big bang?
>>
>> I don't know.
>
> If you don't know the very first cause of all, then you don't know what
> caused anything.

Not true. I know what caused this bag of Doritos I have sitting by my
computer. It was caused by workers in a factory in Plano, Texas that
add ingredients such as corn and spices to machines the form and bake
the chips, add the spices, bag it up, deliver it to stores, and sold it
to me.

All these causes and effects (one wouldn't happen without the other) I know.

But:

>> If you know, provide evidence for it. Not half-baked guessing or
>> conjecture: EVIDENCE.

DanielSan

On 1/22/2012 1:07 PM, Rockinghorse Winner wrote:
> * It may have been the liquor talking, but
> Free Lunch<lunch@nofreelunch.us> wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 22 Jan 2012 15:00:08 -0500, "Patrick"<barker_pb@erinot.com>
>> wrote in alt.talk.creationism:
>>

>>> "DanielSan"<danielsan1977@gmail.com> wrote in message

>>> What caused the big bang?
>>>
>> We do not know. This may be a temporary limit or a permanent one for
>> scientists. Of course you know that there isn't any evidence that any
>> gods had anything to do with it.
>
> Well, there is a great big hole of ignorance - what caused everything. Is it
> possible that this Mystery is not due to lack of knowledge primarily, but
> due to the nature of that Cause. IOW, the reason astrophysics always ends
> in mystery is that God IS Mystery.

No. You can't simply insert your guess into the gap in our knowledge.

Patrick

"Free Lunch" <lunch@nofreelunch.us> wrote in message
> On Sun, 22 Jan 2012 14:58:28 -0500, "Patrick" <barker_pb@erinot.com>
> wrote in alt.talk.creationism:
>
>>"DanielSan" <danielsan1977@gmail.com> wrote in message

>>> Uh, no duh?

>>> That's what the evidence points to.

>>> What would you like to know?

>>> Sounds good. I would've posted something like that to support my
>>> assertion.
>>
>>I enjoy posting crap for others to read.
>>Sometimes they even read it.
>>
> Too bad you don't enjoy posting facts instead of nonsense and lies.

I answer to the same intelligence level that the original poster showed.
I sumtimes has to get down to youse people's level.....for you to
understand.
You post bullshit. I will answer with the same.
You ask an intelligent question. I will answer it properly.

Patrick

"Ralph" <mmman_90@yahoo.com> wrote
> I purchased a regular Kindle last fall. There are many free books
> available in addition to the ones that cost money. I am debating between
> the Fire and a pad of some type since my wife wants one.

Kindle Fire is $199.
Color Nook is about $250.
And I-Pad is $495.

Steve O

On 26/01/2012 10:06, Kelsey Bjarnason wrote:
> On Wed, 25 Jan 2012 10:11:21 -0800, DanielSan wrote:
>
>> On 1/25/2012 10:09 AM, Patrick wrote:
>>> "Kelsey Bjarnason"<kbjarnason@gmail.com> wrote in message

>>> I'm waiting.....
>>
>> Fine. Matthew 5:22
>
> One must conclude that Patrick is not much of a Christian, as he's
> apparently never read the book upon which the belief system is based.
>
> Oh, wait... *most* of them haven't read the stupid thing. Never mind.

He actually suggested I could learn something about the Bible from him,
without realizing that I have learned far more about it over the years
from other atheists in this newsgroup than I could ever learn from any
deluded Christer.
Before he asks, here's an example...
....they never told me about Balaam's Ass when I was at Catholic Grammar
School

Patrick

"Steve O" <nospam@here.thanks> wrote...

>>> Fine. Matthew 5:22
>>
>> One must conclude that Patrick is not much of a Christian, as he's
>> apparently never read the book upon which the belief system is based.
>>
>> Oh, wait... *most* of them haven't read the stupid thing. Never mind.
>>

> He actually suggested I could learn something about the Bible from him,
> without realizing that I have learned far more about it over the years
> from other atheists in this newsgroup than I could ever learn from any
> deluded Christer.
> Before he asks, here's an example...
> ...they never told me about Balaam's Ass when I was at Catholic Grammar
> School

Did I say that?
It certainly sounds like something I might say.
Except that I didn't say it.
Plus, "Catholic Grammar School?"
Those are NOT words that would have come out of MY mouth.
I did NOT attend Catholic Grammar School.
If you are going to lie about me, you should be more careful.