Re: Instiki storage crashed

Patrick Bennett

10/8/2004 2:30:00 PM

Anders it's pretty easy to reproduce. Just have someone add something
like the ellipsis character '...' (0x85) into a page. The wiki will run
fine. As soon as you stop/restart it, it will choke on load. I'm
guessing it's a general unicode / extenceded ascii problem. This
problem has crippled two internal wikis several times.

2 Answers

Anders Bengtsson

--- "Bennett, Patrick" <Patrick.Bennett@inin.com> wrote:
> Anders it's pretty easy to reproduce. Just have someone add
> something
> like the ellipsis character '...' (0x85) into a page. The wiki will
> run
> fine. As soon as you stop/restart it, it will choke on load. I'm
> guessing it's a general unicode / extenceded ascii problem. This
> problem has crippled two internal wikis several times.

Actually, it's not that easy to reproduce. ;)
I've tried it on both Linux and Windows 2000, and it worked fine. It
may depend on which language version of Windows is used or something
like that.
Did that really give the same error message as the one Leonid reported
here, by the way?

/Anders

=====
Anders Bengtsson ndrsbngtssn@yahoo.se
Stockholm, Sweden

Patrick Bennett

Ah, actually, it's a marshal load error (I forget the exact code, sorry
:>). It definitely isn't an incompatible format error.