Re: RubyGems and RPA

Peña, Botp

10/8/2004 12:42:00 AM

Austin Ziegler [mailto:halostatue@gmail.com] wrote:
> I want to manage Ruby packages only through Ruby tools. I do
> not want to have fifteen separate installers (and fifteen
> corresponding entries in the Win32 app list).

*pls ignore my previous post. I cannot control my fingers sometimes... have
pity.. now back

Ruby hooks for packagers -That is quite a cool request, austin. ..

eg.

instead of doing:

system("rpa update")

i could do something like:

require rpa

Rpa::query /sql/ {|x|
p x.name
p x.ver
p x.desc
}

Rpa::install "sqlite"

> -austin

kind regards -botp

1 Answer

Chad Fowler

On Fri, 8 Oct 2004 09:42:05 +0900, Peña, Botp <botp@delmonte-phil.com> wrote:
> Austin Ziegler [mailto:halostatue@gmail.com] wrote:
> > I want to manage Ruby packages only through Ruby tools. I do
> > not want to have fifteen separate installers (and fifteen
> > corresponding entries in the Win32 app list).
>
> *pls ignore my previous post. I cannot control my fingers sometimes... have
> pity.. now back
>
> Ruby hooks for packagers -That is quite a cool request, austin. ..
>
> eg.
>
> instead of doing:
>
> system("rpa update")
>
> i could do something like:
>
> require rpa
>
> Rpa::query /sql/ {|x|
> p x.name
> p x.ver
> p x.desc
> }

> Rpa::install "sqlite"

require 'rubygems'
Gem::manage_gems
Gem::cache.search(/sql/).each do |gem|
p gem.name
p gem.version.to_s
...etc.
end

Gem::RemoteInstaller.new.install("sqlite")

My guess is that it already works in rpa-base, too, but I don't know.

Chad