Ruby, Python, and Tcl/Tk

John Mowbray

10/6/2004 10:16:00 PM

Just downloaded the Windows installer, and in the faq at
http://rubyinstaller.rubyforge.org/wiki/wiki.pl?RubyIn... there
is a question which indicates that installing both Ruby and Python
(which I plan to do, already having ActiveTcl installed) may cause Tk
problems via the environment variables. Anyone know the truth of this,
and how to avoid such problems?

Curt Hibbs

John Mowbray wrote:

> Just downloaded the Windows installer, and in the faq at
> http://rubyinstaller.rubyforge.org/wiki/wiki.pl?RubyIn... there
> is a question which indicates that installing both Ruby and Python
> (which I plan to do, already having ActiveTcl installed) may cause Tk
> problems via the environment variables. Anyone know the truth of this,
> and how to avoid such problems?

This has been fixed in the most recent release. Thanks for reminding me to
update the FAQ.

Curt