hobix 0.3 .. the white pantsuit of blogink

why the lucky stiff

10/6/2004 7:41:00 PM

hi, again, rubynauts.

a newly spritzed 0.3 release of hobix is out. many, many warm thanks to
the crowd on hobix-is-the-way mailing list for their special attention
to details and the smorgasbord of plug-ins they've been slaving on.
you're all just another brilliant shining light and deafening roar that
will ultimately fry my skin off, but for now: what a blast.

a bit on hobix:

Hobix is a complete blogging system, designed to be managed on the
file system and accessed through a command-line application.
Hobix is centrally powered by Textile, YAML and Ruby.
The command-line application is powered by a complete Ruby library
which is designed to be fully scriptable and extensible.

Hobix comes with complete documentation in ri. Type: ri Hobix
You'll see a complete overview of classes and some examples.

For help with the commandline: hobix help

More at http://....

here's where you do this:

ruby -ropen-uri -e 'eval(open("http://go.hobix....).read)'

Hobix Is The Way mailing list for tips and discussion:

again, thanks for being such slimy people.

_why

3 Answers

Carl Youngblood

Before I glanced at the sender of this message I went over to
hobix.com and I was wondering why the art and color scheme of the
hobix web site was so--shall we say--interesting, and then I looked at
who made it and all my questions were answered. Thanks for all the
great contributions _why!

On Thu, 7 Oct 2004 04:40:30 +0900, why the lucky stiff
<ruby-talk@whytheluckystiff.net> wrote:
> hi, again, rubynauts.
>
> a newly spritzed 0.3 release of hobix is out. many, many warm thanks to
> the crowd on hobix-is-the-way mailing list for their special attention
> to details and the smorgasbord of plug-ins they've been slaving on.
> you're all just another brilliant shining light and deafening roar that
> will ultimately fry my skin off, but for now: what a blast.
>
> a bit on hobix:
>
> Hobix is a complete blogging system, designed to be managed on the
> file system and accessed through a command-line application.
> Hobix is centrally powered by Textile, YAML and Ruby.
> The command-line application is powered by a complete Ruby library
> which is designed to be fully scriptable and extensible.
>
> Hobix comes with complete documentation in ri. Type: ri Hobix
> You'll see a complete overview of classes and some examples.
>
> For help with the commandline: hobix help
>
> More at http://....
>
> here's where you do this:
>
> ruby -ropen-uri -e 'eval(open("http://go.hobix....).read)'
>
> Hobix Is The Way mailing list for tips and discussion:
>
> again, thanks for being such slimy people.
>
> _why

Bill Guindon

On Thu, 7 Oct 2004 05:19:15 +0900, Carl Youngblood
<carl.youngblood@gmail.com> wrote:
> Before I glanced at the sender of this message ...

Funny, I saw "white pantsuit" in a ruby-talk subject, and only one
name came to mind ;)

> Thanks for all the great contributions _why!

+ 1

--
Bill Guindon (aka aGorilla)

why the lucky stiff

Carl Youngblood wrote:

>Before I glanced at the sender of this message I went over to
>hobix.com and I was wondering why the art and color scheme of the
>hobix web site was so--shall we say--interesting, and then I looked at
>who made it [...]
I'm not responsible for the art of the Hobix site. I did some
assembling, but the inspired collages and color schemes were a kind
contribution from a couplet of individuals, which includes a friend
named phonequail, who does freaky sound collages and stuff.
<http://www.soccerriot.com/phone... Scary cool.

_why