Ruby Conference

Dmitry Verkhovsky

10/6/2004 4:42:00 PM

Hi All,

Does anybody have video/mp3 records from the Ruby conference ?

---
http://www.ruby...

5 Answers

Patrick May

Quoting Dmitry Verkhovsky <ruby@verk.info>:

> Does anybody have video/mp3 records from the Ruby conference ?

Recordings where made. I think the conference organizers are
recovering. Editing this stuff is a big job, too.

~ pat

Chad Fowler

On Thu, 7 Oct 2004 03:11:47 +0900, Patrick May <patrick@hexane.org> wrote:
> Quoting Dmitry Verkhovsky <ruby@verk.info>:
>
> > Does anybody have video/mp3 records from the Ruby conference ?
>
> Recordings where made. I think the conference organizers are
> recovering. Editing this stuff is a big job, too.

That's a fair assessment. If it doesn't look like it's going to
happen quickly enough, we may ask for volunteers to help.

Thanks,
Chad

Dmitry Verkhovsky

Chad Fowler wrote:
> On Thu, 7 Oct 2004 03:11:47 +0900, Patrick May <patrick@hexane.org> wrote:
>
>>Quoting Dmitry Verkhovsky <ruby@verk.info>:
>>
>>>Does anybody have video/mp3 records from the Ruby conference ?
>>
>>Recordings where made. I think the conference organizers are
>>recovering. Editing this stuff is a big job, too.
>>
> That's a fair assessment. If it doesn't look like it's going to
> happen quickly enough, we may ask for volunteers to help.

What kind of help do you need ?

---
http://www.ruby...

Chad Fowler

On Thu, 7 Oct 2004 05:23:11 +0900, Dmitry Verkhovsky <ruby@verk.info> wrote:

> Chad Fowler wrote:

> >>Recordings where made. I think the conference organizers are
> >>recovering. Editing this stuff is a big job, too.
> >>
> > That's a fair assessment. If it doesn't look like it's going to
> > happen quickly enough, we may ask for volunteers to help.
> >

> What kind of help do you need ?

Right now, I just need someone to go to work for me so I can get a few
days rest ;)

Seriously, though, I have all of the video (most of it, anyway) in
digital form, but I'm afraid I drag/dropped some of the scenes in the
wrong order in my haste to get everything converted before running out
of hard drive space in between sessions. So I need to go through and
watch the whole thing to make sure it makes sense.

Also, a warning...this is _not_ very high quality video. But it's
enough for those who really wished they were there to understand what
happened during the sessions. Unfortunately due to technical problems
and unpreparedness I didn't get all of the sessions, and I missed a
few minutes of some of the sessions that I _did_ get.

Rich and Ryan from InfoEther were also recording the talks to mp3. We
need to get them all converted and get both video and audio stuck onto
a bittorrent or something.

Chad