KDevelop + Ruby duplication?

Jason Clinton

10/6/2004 4:15:00 PM

I am beginning to extend KDevelop's Ruby project definition to include
support for dynamic class stores, code completion, call tips, and QTRuby
widget bindings. I want to ensure that I'm not duplicating work. If
there is anyone else out there working on this, please contact me.

5 Answers

vruz

> I am beginning to extend KDevelop's Ruby project definition to include
> support for dynamic class stores, code completion, call tips, and QTRuby
> widget bindings. I want to ensure that I'm not duplicating work. If
> there is anyone else out there working on this, please contact me.

If you haven't already done so, you should check the excellent work of
Richard Dale and Alexander Kellet with Korundum/QTruby.
http://rubyforge.org/projects...

Integrating KDevelop and QTDesigner with rbuic and other niceties
that come with Korundum would be a great idea.
Decent Ruby highlighting and code folding for Kate/Kedit/kpart would be a plus.
best,

--
--- vruz

Richard Dale

vruz wrote:

>> I am beginning to extend KDevelop's Ruby project definition to include
>> support for dynamic class stores, code completion, call tips, and QTRuby
>> widget bindings. I want to ensure that I'm not duplicating work. If
>> there is anyone else out there working on this, please contact me.
>
> If you haven't already done so, you should check the excellent work of
> Richard Dale and Alexander Kellet with Korundum/QTruby.
> http://rubyforge.org/projects...
>
> Integrating KDevelop and QTDesigner with rbuic and other niceties
> that come with Korundum would be a great idea.
> Decent Ruby highlighting and code folding for Kate/Kedit/kpart would be a
> plus. best,
Yes, a Korundum project template would be nice. There are some app templates
under korundum/rubylib/templates that might be a good starting point. I'm
happy to help translating any KDevelop C++ project templates into ruby. The
QtRuby one is just a hello world at the moment. I think getting rbuic
working with KDevelop should be just a matter of having a simple makefile
to compile the .ui file to ruby.

I'd like to wrap the KDevelop plugin api with the Smoke library that
Korundum uses, so you could write KDevelop plugins in ruby. I've done some
experiments with that, and the tool that generates Smoke parses the
KDevelop headers fine.

-- Richard

Jason Clinton

On Thu, 2004-10-07 at 18:19 +0900, Richard Dale wrote:
> Yes, a Korundum project template would be nice. There are some app templates
> under korundum/rubylib/templates that might be a good starting point. I'm
> happy to help translating any KDevelop C++ project templates into ruby. The
> QtRuby one is just a hello world at the moment. I think getting rbuic
> working with KDevelop should be just a matter of having a simple makefile
> to compile the .ui file to ruby.
>
> I'd like to wrap the KDevelop plugin api with the Smoke library that
> Korundum uses, so you could write KDevelop plugins in ruby. I've done some
> experiments with that, and the tool that generates Smoke parses the
> KDevelop headers fine.

Well, let's work in concert. Do you have a developer's site, IRC
channel, mailing list?

Richard Dale

Jason Clinton wrote:

> On Thu, 2004-10-07 at 18:19 +0900, Richard Dale wrote:
>> Yes, a Korundum project template would be nice. There are some app
>> templates under korundum/rubylib/templates that might be a good starting
>> point. I'm happy to help translating any KDevelop C++ project templates
>> into ruby. The QtRuby one is just a hello world at the moment. I think
>> getting rbuic working with KDevelop should be just a matter of having a
>> simple makefile to compile the .ui file to ruby.
>>
>> I'd like to wrap the KDevelop plugin api with the Smoke library that
>> Korundum uses, so you could write KDevelop plugins in ruby. I've done
>> some experiments with that, and the tool that generates Smoke parses the
>> KDevelop headers fine.
>
> Well, let's work in concert. Do you have a developer's site, IRC
> channel, mailing list?
I don't normally log onto that), or personal emails are all fine. I haven't
looked at the KDevelop developer's list for a while - I'm still working
flat out/flat broke trying to make the QtRuby/Korundum bindings happen.
Great KDevelop support for QtRuby and Korundum is certainly the next stage
in fulfilling my dream of making 'the most awsome RAD environment that's
ever existed' a reality. So I'm 100% keen to co-operate in improving
KDevelop ruby support, and really pleased to hear about your plans.

-- Richard

Richard Dale