Ruby Graph Library -- add a single knode

Ralf Müller

10/5/2004 7:41:00 AM

Moin Moin,
i'm usung the Ruby Graph Library (rgl.sourceforge.net) to scan function
libraries. If function A is used in function B, i add an edge to the
Graph from B to A.
To indicate, that a function isn't used in any other function, i would
just like to add a single knode without any edge.
I tried 'add_vertex' but no vertices are shown by dotty.

Anybody, who can enlight me ?

Thanks
ralf

8 Answers

Horst Duchene

Ralf Müller wrote:

> Moin Moin,
> i'm usung the Ruby Graph Library (rgl.sourceforge.net) to scan function
> libraries. If function A is used in function B, i add an edge to the
> Graph from B to A.
> To indicate, that a function isn't used in any other function, i would
> just like to add a single knode without any edge.
> I tried 'add_vertex' but no vertices are shown by dotty.
>
> Anybody, who can enlight me ?

This is a bug in rgl/dot.rb. If you use the latest CVS-Version (1.4), you
should see isolated nodes. See this sample irb session:

irb(main):001:0> require 'rgl/dot'
irb(main):002:0> require 'rgl/adjacency'
irb(main):003:0> dg = RGL::DirectedAdjacencyGraph.new
#<RGL::DirectedAdjacencyGraph:0x402de28c @vertice_dict={},
@edgelist_class=Set>
irb(main):004:0> dg.add_vertex 1
#<Set:0x402d9d54 @store={}>

irb(main):072:0> dg.print_dotted_on
digraph RGL__DirectedAdjacencyGraph {
label = "RGL__DirectedAdjacencyGraph"
"1" [
fontsize = 8,
label = "1"
]

}

# You see the isolated vertex in DOT formatted output. Therefore dotty
should display it also:

irb(main):073:0> dg.dotty

Cheers
Horst

Hal E. Fulton

Ralf Mu"ller wrote:
> Moin Moin,
> i'm usung the Ruby Graph Library (rgl.sourceforge.net) to scan function
> libraries. If function A is used in function B, i add an edge to the
> Graph from B to A.
> To indicate, that a function isn't used in any other function, i would
> just like to add a single knode without any edge.
> I tried 'add_vertex' but no vertices are shown by dotty.

I don't know that lib and so can't help you...

But I'm very interesting in this project of yours. I have a few thousand
lines of spaghetti code that I'd like to untangle by discovering all the
relationships.

Is this something you're going to release?

Hal

Roy Blankenship

"Get a life" <jim@cogeco.ca> wrote in message
> Keep up your blind lies hopeless
> Jim

Prove him wrong, dumbass.

glw82664

On May 7, 6:02 pm, "Roy Blankenship" <pointbla...@earthlink.net>
wrote:
> "Get a life" <j...@cogeco.ca> wrote in messagenews:QhpUj.74990$612.42513@read1.cgocable.net...
>
> > Keep up your blind lies hopeless
> > Jim
>
> Prove him wrong, dumbass.

This thing is going to a brokered convention . What more proof do you
need?

Lamont Cranston

"Get a life" <jim@cogeco.ca> wrote in message
> Keep up your blind lies hopeless
> Jim

Here's another wingnut who responds to the poster of an article as if the
poster had written it. Damn, you GOP cocksuckers are stupid!

> "Harry Hope" <rivrvu@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message
>>
>> http://www.crooksandliars.com/2008/05/06/exit-polls-confirm-operation-chaos-abjec...
>>
>> Exit Polls Confirm: ?Operation Chaos? Abject Failure
>>

>> The numbers are in and they confirm what has been obvious for, oh, 30
>> years now:
>>
>> Rush Limbaugh is an egotistical buffoon who, in fact, has no influence
>> on anything but the opinions of his few gullible dittohead listeners.
>>
>> The way it?s looking now, Republicans, who account for 11% of the
>> entire Indiana electorate, have voted for Hillary by the same margin
>> that the entire state has.
>>
>> Stick to ruining your own party, Rush.
>>
>> Lord knows you?ve done a fantastic job at that.

>> heh heh... Fatso's got his dittomonkey knuckledraggers swingin' from
>> his trees.
>>
>> Harry

Lamont Cranston

"glw82664" <glw82664@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> On May 7, 6:02 pm, "Roy Blankenship" <pointbla...@earthlink.net>
> wrote:
>> "Get a life" <j...@cogeco.ca> wrote in
>> messagenews:QhpUj.74990$612.42513@read1.cgocable.net...
>>
>> > Keep up your blind lies hopeless
>> > Jim
>>
>> Prove him wrong, dumbass.
>
> This thing is going to a brokered convention . What more proof do you
> need?

Brokered? You have no idea what you are talking about. Obama will have the
necessary number of delegates by the time that the convention occurs.

Get a life

"Sal Video" <svideo@access.com> wrote in message

> "Get a life" <jim@cogeco.ca> wrote in message
>> Keep up your blind lies hopeless
>> Jim
>>
> Another incoherent post from a dittohead.

Glad you admitted you are a dittohead?

>> "Harry Hope" <rivrvu@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> http://www.crooksandliars.com/2008/05/06/exit-polls-confirm-operation-chaos-abjec...
>>>
>>> Exit Polls Confirm: "Operation Chaos" Abject Failure
>>>

>>> The numbers are in and they confirm what has been obvious for, oh, 30
>>> years now:
>>>
>>> Rush Limbaugh is an egotistical buffoon who, in fact, has no influence
>>> on anything but the opinions of his few gullible dittohead listeners.
>>>
>>> The way it's looking now, Republicans, who account for 11% of the
>>> entire Indiana electorate, have voted for Hillary by the same margin
>>> that the entire state has.
>>>
>>> Stick to ruining your own party, Rush.
>>>
>>> Lord knows you've done a fantastic job at that.

>>> heh heh... Fatso's got his dittomonkey knuckledraggers swingin' from
>>> his trees.
>>>
>>> Harry

Get a life

"Lamont Cranston" <Lamont.Cranston@penumbra.com> wrote in message

> "Get a life" <jim@cogeco.ca> wrote in message
>> Keep up your blind lies hopeless
>> Jim
>
> Here's another wingnut who responds to the poster of an article as if the
> poster had written it. Damn, you GOP cocksuckers are stupid!

The one who is stupid is the one that resorts to name calling.
Does that fit you Lamont?
Jim