John Christiansen

4/27/2002 10:43:00 PM

I have created my first simply mobile web application in
MMIT.

I have successfully tested the app. in Internet Explorer
and Openwave UP.Sim 4.1.

Then I wanted to see the result in the new Pocket PC
Emulator. Unfortunately I ran into some problems here. The
Pocket PC Emulator returns "The page you are looking for
cannot be found". This is the same URL (I have checked for
spelling errors/typos!!) which the IE and OPWV browsers
display successfully.

I have installed the Loopback network adapter to make
internet access available from Pcoket IE. I can access web
URL's like www.microsoft.com, etc. from the Pocket IE.

I think the problem could have something to do with
http://localhost (!?). The URI I am requesting
is "http://localhost/mobiletest/MobileWebForm1.aspx".

Has anyone experienced this problem or is aware of a
solution?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Cheers,
John
2 Answers

AndyCW

You're on the right track. The problem is definately with using 'localhost'
in the URL.

Logically, the Pocket IE emulator is not a Win32 app running as a process on
your desktop machine. IE and Openwave emulators are, so 'localhost' for them
does mean the same machine that they are running on.

However, the Pocket PC emulator is a real Windows CE operating system,
running inside a container application. It's a separate computer running on
your network. If you try to use http://localhost..., it means try to access
a site available on the Pocket PC emulator.

Instead of localhost, put in the name of your desktop system, or the raw IP
address and it should work fine.

Regards
- Andy

"John Christiansen" <johnchr_dk@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I have created my first simply mobile web application in
> MMIT.
>
> I have successfully tested the app. in Internet Explorer
> and Openwave UP.Sim 4.1.
>
> Then I wanted to see the result in the new Pocket PC
> Emulator. Unfortunately I ran into some problems here. The
> Pocket PC Emulator returns "The page you are looking for
> cannot be found". This is the same URL (I have checked for
> spelling errors/typos!!) which the IE and OPWV browsers
> display successfully.
>
> I have installed the Loopback network adapter to make
> internet access available from Pcoket IE. I can access web
> URL's like www.microsoft.com, etc. from the Pocket IE.
>
> I think the problem could have something to do with
> http://localhost (!?). The URI I am requesting
> is "http://localhost/mobiletest/MobileWebForm1.aspx".
>
> Has anyone experienced this problem or is aware of a
> solution?
>
> Thanks in advance for any help!
>
> Cheers,
> John