Paradox Connection via ODBC

Antonio Jr

4/26/2002 7:34:00 PM

Does anybody know how to manage a connection with a
paradox database using ODBC?

I can read the data source using Microsoft EXCELL, but it
fails when I try to open a paradox table using the Data
Connection (Server Explorer).

The connection succeds, but when I try to open a talbe it
fails.

Thanks in advance for help
1 Answer

Carl Prothman

"Antonio Jr" <antoniojr@matrix.com.br> wrote
> Does anybody know how to manage a connection with a
> paradox database using ODBC?
>
> I can read the data source using Microsoft EXCELL, but it
> fails when I try to open a paradox table using the Data
> Connection (Server Explorer).

Try using the ODBC .NET Data Provider
http://www.able-cons.../ADO_Conn.htm#ODBCManag...

with the following Paradox ODBC Driver DSN-Less connection string.
http://www.able-cons.../ADO_Conn.htm#ODBCDriver...

--

Thanks,
Carl Prothman