ODBC.NET with Adaptive Server Anywhere

Thuy \('Twee'\)

4/26/2002 12:52:00 AM

Help!!!

I'm new with .NET and just trying to write a simple Web
Form to read and write data stored in a Adaptive Server
Anywhere 7.0 db. I can see my database via Server
Explorer; well, a revised version of it; it rejected my
real data complaining that the "data page size is too
large" but this is another problem all together. I
realized that I must write the code from scratch and not
through the help of the wizard. I downloaded ODBC.NET but
not sure what to do next. Can someone point to some
sample codes or walkthroughs that might help me speed up
this prototype. I'm evaluating .NET.

Thanks in advance,
Tweety
2 Answers

(Glenn Thimmes [MS])

Jonathan Hjertström

I am using Sybase ASA 6. I use this connectionstring in webconfig:
<add key="OdbcConnection.ConnectionString"
value="DSN=MISJudic;UID=dba;PWD=sql;" />

Then I have a System DSN setup that points to the database server.

Hope this can help!

/
Jonathan