Problem programatically updating ANY URL attribute for an actual wap phone

Phil Sanderson

4/25/2002 12:43:00 PM

I seem to be having great difficulty creating any control that will
allow me to dynamically assign a URL on page load.

I have tried mobilelinks :
Assigning a value to the NavigateUrl attribute of an existing link.

Creating a new link and assigning values before I add it to the form.

And lists displayed as links:

Both databound and non databound.

All of these scenarios work in the browser/emulator, but when try using
wap phone they generate an internal server 500 error ( presumably at the
gateway as my server is showing 200 OK).

It IS the assignment to the URL that is the problem because if I just
miss out the assignment to the URL and leave all other text/settings as
is then it works fine.
It isnt something funny in the URL either as ANY assignment to the URL
will cause this error.

I am currently using a Sony CMD z-5 which is a supported phone, but I
have also had the problem on a nokia 6210.

Everything works lovely except for when i want to define a URL at
page_load.

Please can anyone shed any light?

*** Sent via Developersdex http://www.develop... ***

(Andres Sanabria)