ODBC connection to Access DB

Keith Murray

4/25/2002 8:06:00 AM

How can I set the connectionstring to acess an MS-Access
DB. I have created a DSN, but it doesn't seem to find
it. I have a feeling I just may not have been looking in
the right places but I can't seem to find a
connectionstring that works.

Thanks in advance,

Keith
2 Answers

Ramon

A connection string for a DSN should not be more than
"DSN=mySystemDSN;Uid=myUsername;Pwd=myPassword;". So if the string is
correct perhaps your DSN could be configured incorrectly, you could test if
it works with another Odbc client (WinSQL e.g.).. Also make sure it is a
System DSN. You could also try a DSN-less connection.

I've found the site below a good reference to connection strings...
http://www.able-consulting.com/AD...

"Keith Murray" <kdmurray@telus.net> wrote in message
> How can I set the connectionstring to acess an MS-Access
> DB. I have created a DSN, but it doesn't seem to find
> it. I have a feeling I just may not have been looking in
> the right places but I can't seem to find a
> connectionstring that works.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Keith

Nick

Is there anyway to access a DSN on a remote server for an Access DB?