kal

6/5/2007 1:00:00 PM

I have registered my custom control in web.config as follows:
<add tagPrefix="PhoenixControls" namespace="PhoenixControls"
assembly="PhoenixControls"/>

I have added a file called phoenixcontrols.cs to App_Code folder and in this
file is this simple code:

namespace PhoenixControls

{

public class EncodeHtml : Control {

protected override void Render(HtmlTextWriter writer) {

LiteralControl lc;

lc = (LiteralControl) Controls[0];

writer.Write("This is a test" + lc.Text);

}}}

Including all the 'using' statements

Now I put this in a default.aspx page

<PhoenixControls:EncodeHtml>pc-control</PhoenixControls:EncodeHtml>

i get an error - EncodeHtml element is not known. the page displays but has
none of the custom control changes.

Help appreciated

Kal

7 Answers

MasterGaurav \(www.edujini-labs.com\)

"kal" <akl@noplace.com> wrote in message
>I have registered my custom control in web.config as follows:
> <add tagPrefix="PhoenixControls" namespace="PhoenixControls"
> assembly="PhoenixControls"/>

Remove "Assembly" attribute... since the code is in App_Code, it's compiled
on the fly!

--
Happy Hacking,
Gaurav Vaish | www.mastergaurav.com

kal

Thanks - that worked great!

> Remove "Assembly" attribute... since the code is in App_Code, it's
> compiled on the fly!
>
> --

none

On Wed, 19 Dec 2007 17:29:49 -0600, mikel68 <mikel68@sbcglobal.net>
wrote:
snip

>you've got to be kidding right. I do have the the wii and ps3, I've been
>gaming for about 30 years or so, PC, 2600, NES. SNES, PS, PS2. PS3, PC.
>
>the wii has found a market of "non-gamers", when that ends so will the
>wii. Ours isn't even connected to a tv in house anymore. The PS3
>dominates it in my opinion.

You get an "I"

>I got really tired of the magic wands for the wii. but that's just me.
>I've got some friends that have never played video games, don't
>understand them, think they're a waste of time. They have a wii. I see
>that market. They love bowling from wii sports. which is fine.

I'd say this is worth an "N"

>but comparing it to a ps3 or xbox 360 is just plain silly, from a
>technological view point.

Close enough for a "B"

>to end this mess, when the people that grew up in the 60s and 70s are
>done with wii sports, that'll be it. They won't go out and support other
>games.

Definite "O" with an implied "G" so I'll give you that one too! :-)

BINGO!

>No never mind you're right... I can see it now Wii, BINGO, complete with
>the new interactive card and wands to mark your numbers. Talk about mind
>numming.
>
>mk

You played Wii BINGO and won without even knowing it!

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.p...

godslabrat

> http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.p...

OMG, dude, that is priceless!

--

Aaron J. Bossig

http://www.Gods...

Skippy

Stabby Rip Stab Stab wrote:

> I agree that Wii has found "non-gamers". I disagree that this will
> end. The market of "non-gamers" is HUGE. It's probably hundreds if not
> thousands of times bigger than the hardcore gamer market.

Exactly. Apple has had much recent success going after the market for first-time
computer buyers, and the Wii is doing the same thing. Some of these folks might
eventually become hard-core gamers and transition to a ps3 or 360, but a lot of
them will remain casual gamers who love the wii and its library of games.

TNKev

Jamal Bernhard wrote:
> Stabby Rip Stab Stab wrote:
>
>> I agree that Wii has found "non-gamers". I disagree that this will
>> end. The market of "non-gamers" is HUGE. It's probably hundreds if not
>> thousands of times bigger than the hardcore gamer market.
>
> Exactly. Apple has had much recent success going after the market for
> first-time computer buyers, and the Wii is doing the same thing. Some of
> these folks might eventually become hard-core gamers and transition to a
> ps3 or 360, but a lot of them will remain casual gamers who love the wii
> and its library of games.

as the library grows and grows.

http://www.gamespot.com/games.html?type=games&platform=1031&mode=all&sort=views&letter=A&dlx_type=all&s...

for the wrap impaired;

http://tinyurl....

jt august

In article <FtCaj.240$pA7.231@newssvr25.news.prodigy.net>,
Jamal Bernhard <noone@nowhere.net> wrote:

> Exactly. Apple has had much recent success going after the market for
> first-time
> computer buyers, and the Wii is doing the same thing. Some of these folks
> might
> eventually become hard-core gamers and transition to a ps3 or 360, but a lot
> of
> them will remain casual gamers who love the wii and its library of games.

I doubt they will transition to the ps3 or 360. Both those machines
will be outmoded by future systems by the time today's casual gamers
transition into hardcore gamers.

And what will hardcore gamers of tomorrow be into? shooters, rpg's, or
game types not yet created?

jt