microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.buildingcontrols

Dynamically add sort to appearing - disappearing columns of a grid

jonefer

5/21/2007 7:46:00 PM

I have columns in a Gridview control that will consistently be named the same
thing, although they may disappear and appear based on the dataset.

How can I create sorts for those columns when they appear?

I saw the mention of the 'OnCreateAutoGeneratedColumn event' and thought
that would be a good place to start but can't google any documentation other
than the reference to that post in the newsgroup.

20 Answers

KidCalledZero

On May 13, 5:18 pm, Dave Christian <dcn...@nc.rr.com> wrote:

> She has run a very strong campaign of late.  I agree that it's still not
> over.

Im guessing that you are kidding.

guzboyz

On May 13, 7:45 pm, Evolution <myn...@rcn.com> wrote:
> stuthalb...@comcast.net wrote:
> > That she has more appeal to anyone who favors mountaintop removal coal
> > mining.
>
> > Anyone else... not so much.
>
> Um, she's won 3 of the last 4 states... If they'd voted in February
> instead of the red states and caucuses Obama won, she'd be ahead going
> into the last few primaries.
>
> Listen, when this is over, if Obama hasn't closed this deal, and it's
> increasingly looking like he won't, then you'll see the supers changing
> back en masse to Hillary.
>
> Laurie

Do you believe that????

EStreetJoe

On May 13, 7:45 pm, Evolution <myn...@rcn.com> wrote:
> stuthalb...@comcast.net wrote:
> > That she has more appeal to anyone who favors mountaintop removal coal
> > mining.
>
> > Anyone else... not so much.
>
> Um, she's won 3 of the last 4 states... If they'd voted in February
> instead of the red states and caucuses Obama won, she'd be ahead going
> into the last few primaries.
>
> Listen, when this is over, if Obama hasn't closed this deal, and it's
> increasingly looking like he won't, then you'll see the supers changing
> back en masse to Hillary.
>
> Laurie

Laurie - I admire your passion in supporting Clinton, but there comes
a time when you have to admit its over.
Besides, West Virginia has been a red state for the last eight years.

Last Chance Power Drive

On May 13, 4:45 pm, Evolution <myn...@rcn.com> wrote:
> stuthalb...@comcast.net wrote:
> > That she has more appeal to anyone who favors mountaintop removal coal
> > mining.
>
> > Anyone else... not so much.
>
> Um, she's won 3 of the last 4 states... If they'd voted in February
> instead of the red states and caucuses Obama won, she'd be ahead going
> into the last few primaries.
>
> Listen, when this is over, if Obama hasn't closed this deal, and it's
> increasingly looking like he won't, then you'll see the supers changing
> back en masse to Hillary.
>
> Laurie

She is also millions in debt, including her own money and has been
stiffing vendors (i.e. small businesses) left and right.
She sounded quite concilatory towards Obama and his supporters in her
speech. In some parts it almost did sound like a concession speech.
Also the reason Obama doesn't want her drop out quite yet is because
since her name is already on the ballot, she would win states like WV
and KY anyway and that would be further embarrassing.

He won the nomination, the remaining primaries are just formalities
and it's time for Obama to concentrate on the general election.

Denise

On May 13, 9:36?pm, "Zeke" <yakzoom...@boobatch.com> wrote:
> "Bad Scooter" <badscooter2...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > Do you really want to go back to the days of party bosses in smoke-filled
> > rooms picking candidates?
>
> Do you really need to ask? ?LOL!

Did you see where, so far, 7% of the WV vote is going for the guy who
isn't on the ballot, John Edwards.

What does that tell ya? ;-)

angelagrace

EStreetJoe wrote:

> Besides, West Virginia has been a red state for the last eight years.

It looks like some fun facts on West Virginia is in order.

Appalachia was an original hotbed of abolitionism, since way before
the
Civil War. Most of its residents sided with the Union in the Civil
War,
that's why West Virginia is no longer part of Virginia.

It's fun for the real racists, the creative class, who stick to their
"good" schools and "good" neighborhoods, to laugh at other people as
"racists." Projection, anyone?

and it has 2-to-1 registered Dem voters compared to Repubs. Dubya won
it
twice tho, but historically it's Blue.

http://www.salon.com/news/feat......
<http://www.salon.com/news/feat...5/
13/west_virginia/index.html>

"... Not that the GOP would be able to take much of the credit if it
does. "Democrats who lose West Virginia don't do so due to Republican
voters," said Curtis Wilkerson, a Democratic strategist based in
Charleston. "They do so due to their own Democratic voters." Once upon
time, Michael Dukakis could carry West Virginia by five points, one of
only 10 states he won in 1988. And Bill Clinton won the state twice.
But
cultural issues - "God, guns and abortion," as Charleston's Republican
Mayor Danny Jones put it Monday morning on local talk radio host Hoppy
Kercheval's show - finally moved West Virginia toward the red column
in
presidential elections, dooming Al Gore and John Kerry here. Now
Democratic Party chairman Nick Casey isn't even sure the state is up
for
grabs in the fall. "We were a swing state, and we swung the wrong way
the last two elections," Casey, who hasn't endorsed either candidate,
said in an interview. "We got bamboozled, fooled, lied to - whatever
the
word is - by the inside-the-Beltway Republican Karl Rove machine. ...
don't know if people are considering us a swing state or not anymore."

The problem for Obama is that if any state is tailor-made for
registered
Democrats to abandon the ticket in droves if he's on it, it may be
West
Virginia. ...
This may be the state where one of the Clinton campaign's arguments
about electability - if you don't win the state in the primary, you
can't win it in the general election - comes closest to being true.
West
Virginia casts a bigger shadow in Democratic history than it should
based on its size; John F. Kennedy's win here in the 1960 primary
helped
prove a Catholic could win the presidency.
...."

PatsSox

On May 13, 9:23 pm, EStreetJoe <estju...@aol.com> wrote:
> Laurie - I admire your passion in supporting Clinton, but there comes
> a time when you have to admit its over.
> Besides, West Virginia has been a red state for the last eight years.

But before that Bill Clinton won the state twice..... so it
won't be impossible for the Dems to turn it back to blue.

stuthalblum@comcast.net

On May 13, 7:45 pm, Evolution <myn...@rcn.com> wrote:

> Um, she's won 3 of the last 4 states... If they'd voted in February
> instead of the red states and caucuses Obama won, she'd be ahead going
> into the last few primaries.

Laurie, apparently you've totally misunderstood this entire process as
much as Hillary did.

This is a contest for DELEGATES, not "states."

Having "won" 3 of the last 4 states, she's gained exactly 13
delegates.

Not nearly enough. It's much too late.

Evolution

EStreetJoe wrote:
> On May 13, 7:45 pm, Evolution <myn...@rcn.com> wrote:
>> stuthalb...@comcast.net wrote:
>>> That she has more appeal to anyone who favors mountaintop removal coal
>>> mining.
>>> Anyone else... not so much.
>> Um, she's won 3 of the last 4 states... If they'd voted in February
>> instead of the red states and caucuses Obama won, she'd be ahead going
>> into the last few primaries.
>>
>> Listen, when this is over, if Obama hasn't closed this deal, and it's
>> increasingly looking like he won't, then you'll see the supers changing
>> back en masse to Hillary.
>>
>> Laurie
>

> Laurie - I admire your passion in supporting Clinton, but there comes
> a time when you have to admit its over.
> Besides, West Virginia has been a red state for the last eight years.

And Bill Clinton won it the previous 8 years. And no democrat for 100
years has won the presidency without it.... I think Ohio, too. Give me
an electoral scenario backed by data, where he can win. I saw John King
on CNN give such a scenario, and it included FL! Florida! Like he has
a chance in hell of winning that state.

Laurie

Evolution

Last Chance Power Drive wrote:
> On May 13, 4:45 pm, Evolution <myn...@rcn.com> wrote:
>> stuthalb...@comcast.net wrote:
>>> That she has more appeal to anyone who favors mountaintop removal coal
>>> mining.
>>> Anyone else... not so much.
>> Um, she's won 3 of the last 4 states... If they'd voted in February
>> instead of the red states and caucuses Obama won, she'd be ahead going
>> into the last few primaries.
>>
>> Listen, when this is over, if Obama hasn't closed this deal, and it's
>> increasingly looking like he won't, then you'll see the supers changing
>> back en masse to Hillary.
>>
>> Laurie
>
> She is also millions in debt, including her own money and has been
> stiffing vendors (i.e. small businesses) left and right.
> She sounded quite concilatory towards Obama and his supporters in her
> speech. In some parts it almost did sound like a concession speech.

Cite?

> Also the reason Obama doesn't want her drop out quite yet is because
> since her name is already on the ballot, she would win states like WV
> and KY anyway and that would be further embarrassing.
>
> He won the nomination, the remaining primaries are just formalities
> and it's time for Obama to concentrate on the general election.

He hasn't won jack. He needs 2025 delegates and he is short quite a
few. And when FL and MI get thrown back in the mix (whether at half
delegates or whatever), then he will need even more.

Look, if he's won, why aren't the supers ending this?

Laurie