microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.buildingcontrols

Custom or composite and Control tree

Mark

5/3/2007 1:10:00 PM

Dear Community,

If I wanted to build a control which renders both some literal content and
also renders child controls what would this be? a custom control or composite
control?
Second thing that is currently bugging me is this, why would I be able to
navigate the control tree in debug mode using the watch window and see all my
child controls (this.Controls[1].Controls[0].Controls[0]. ... etc.) and then
not be able to see some of the children when viewing the asp.net page trace
output??