microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.buildingcontrols

Designing UserControls in VS2005 Pro using stylesheets (css

Tom

1/23/2007 8:40:00 PM

Hi experts,

when trying to design a UserControl (ascx) using the designeditor of
VisualStudio2005 Pro:
How can I embedd a stylesheet to make a perfect layout ?

Until today I've designed some kind of html-template using another
editor (for example dreamweaver) and then I copied and pasted the html
code into html view of the control so I could us stylesheets to format
my controls.

Yet I did not find a way to create a new ASCX in VStudio and then
embedd a stylesheet while designtime so my layouts look worse while
designing them ...

Any ideas / suggests ??

Regards

Tom

4 Answers

Nathaniel Greene

To get proper design time support for CSS in ASCX you will need to use what
Microsoft calls "themes"
http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/05/11/CuttingEdge/de...

More information and links can be found by following
http://search.yahoo.com/search;_ylt=A0oGkkCy3rZFGXsBQ0xXNyoA?p=asp.net+themes&ei=UTF-8&fr=sfp...

"ts@ck-de.net" wrote:

> Hi experts,
>
> when trying to design a UserControl (ascx) using the designeditor of
> VisualStudio2005 Pro:
> How can I embedd a stylesheet to make a perfect layout ?
>
> Until today I've designed some kind of html-template using another
> editor (for example dreamweaver) and then I copied and pasted the html
> code into html view of the control so I could us stylesheets to format
> my controls.
>
> Yet I did not find a way to create a new ASCX in VStudio and then
> embedd a stylesheet while designtime so my layouts look worse while
> designing them ...
>
> Any ideas / suggests ??
>
> Regards
>
> Tom

Tom

Seems like that is the solution to my problem :-))

Thanks to Nathaniel.

On 24 Jan., 05:25, Nathaniel Greene <Nathaniel.Gre...@community.nospam>
wrote:
> To get proper design time support for CSS in ASCX you will need to use what
> Microsoft calls "themes"http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/05/11/CuttingEdge/de...
>
> More information and links can be found by followinghttp://search.yahoo.com/search;_ylt=A0oGkkCy3rZFGXsBQ0xXNyo......
>

> "t...@ck-de.net" wrote:
> > Hi experts,
>
> > when trying to design a UserControl (ascx) using the designeditor of
> > VisualStudio2005 Pro:
> > How can I embedd a stylesheet to make a perfect layout ?
>
> > Until today I've designed some kind of html-template using another
> > editor (for example dreamweaver) and then I copied and pasted the html
> > code into html view of the control so I could us stylesheets to format
> > my controls.
>
> > Yet I did not find a way to create a new ASCX in VStudio and then
> > embedd a stylesheet while designtime so my layouts look worse while
> > designing them ...
>
> > Any ideas / suggests ??
>
> > Regards
>
> > Tom- Zitierten Text ausblenden -- Zitierten Text anzeigen -

Kevin Milner

"Erik Setzer" <mailman@yourdoorstep,com> wrote in message

>But then, that's expecting
> entirely too much though from the target audience of a company that is
> featuring an $1100 army "deal" on its website.

Not to mention a company that is experiencing the stellar stock prices that
GW has been enjoying the last week.

Kevin Milner

"Playa" <hurlgen40k@aol.com> wrote in message

> Hey,
>
> On Dec 21, 2:22 am, "Spack" <n...@worldofspack.co.uk> wrote:
>> "Playa" <hurlgen...@aol.com> wrote in message
>> > Check the box on p62: it's the "counts-as" rule. Both sentences.
>>
>> I did. It says "older or scratch built models that don't have rules
>
> Er, I was just holding it up as an example of a two-sentence rule.
>
>> > If there are no Allies rules, GW should just say so.
>> > If the rule is 'take anything', they should say so.
>>
>> > They gave 'counts-as' two sentences . . .
>>
>> Page 18, page 43, page 198. Allies did get more than 2 sentences
>
> I should have said, "adjacent sentences that aren't contradictory".
> As it is, every entry tells a different story:
>
> p198: (Allies Matrix) "Two armies ... Two armies ... Two armies ...
> ".
>
> Evidently, we can Ally two 40k armies.
>
> p43: Describes "Allying" a player's complete and partial armies.
>
> So, we can "Ally" one 40k army to *Units* from a second dex.
>
> p18: A player "Allies" his IG and Tau "collections" with a squad of
> Harlies.
>
> So, we can "Ally" collections, not armies, of Units from *three*
> dexes.
>
> p15: "Apocalypse battles don't require any changes to the core game
> rules".
>
> Heh. I just threw that one in there for comic relief . . .
>
> So, after all this sleuthing, just what *are* the 40kA Allies rules?
>
> 1. "Any number of players' 40kA-legal armies can be Allied to form a
> Side."
> 2. "40kA-legal armies are any collection of 40k-legal Units costed =/>
> 3kpt."
>
> A fair summary?
>

> Playa

In otherwords, "please for the love of god just buy some minis. we don't
care if they form a cohesive army any more. Just buy something. ANYTHING.
Have you seen our stock prices lately? Please. I have children in private
school."