microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.buildingcontrols

Re: Gridview Control and Customizing Column Displays

MasterGaurav \(www.edujini-labs.com\)

1/14/2007 10:37:00 AM

> I want it to show in Column 1, a customized version of the data...
> In that first column, the Picture, with the name underneath it, a link
> that
> points to a url like: http://www.mysite.com/scripts/?getxml=<... and
> javascript call that pops up the itemsummary on the page....

Don't autogenerate the columns.
For the Column1, make it 'HyperlinkField' with

1. DataNavigateUrlFormatString set appropriately, including placeholder for
itemID
2. DataNavigateUrlFields set to "itemID"
3. DataTextUrlField set to itemID
4. Optionally, DataTextFormatString set appropriately, like "See Item {0}",
etc.

I have provided an example below. Use it with a data-source that connects to
Northwind and points to 'Customers' table.

<asp:HyperLinkField DataNavigateUrlFields="CustomerID"
DataNavigateUrlFormatString="~/Default.aspx?id={0}"
DataTextField="CustomerID" />

--
Happy Hacking,
Gaurav Vaish | www.mastergaurav.com

Potac Hammerfist

In article <476de150$0$69168$c30e37c6@pit-reader.telstra.net>,
kolonelk@gnospammail.com says...
> It was twenty years ago today, Seamus taught the band to play:
> >> I dug out Tyranids...
> >
> > I've got some chaos marines. I think I'll wait for a better 'Dex
> > before I actually start expanding my collection.
>
> I made this guy this weekend:
> http://doombu.tripod.com/pics/demon...

Damn, that's a cool looking conversion - what parts is that made
out of? I rather like the paint job too.

> Let's see how many games he gets before I get totally sick of the sight
> of my CSMs and having to read that fucking book every time I want to
> change my list.

<moving towards the naughty side of Santa's list...>

Gav! Gav! Gav!

Myr ;)

--
and I know if I had the power to inflict people with disgusting and
debilitating illnesses I'd be pretty cheerful too.

- Kurt

RGMW FAQ: http://ww...

Kurt

It was twenty years ago today, Myrmidon taught the band to play:
> In article <476de150$0$69168$c30e37c6@pit-reader.telstra.net>,
> kolonelk@gnospammail.com says...
>> It was twenty years ago today, Seamus taught the band to play:
>>> I've got some chaos marines. I think I'll wait for a better 'Dex
>>> before I actually start expanding my collection.
>> I made this guy this weekend:
>> http://doombu.tripod.com/pics/demon...
>>
> Damn, that's a cool looking conversion - what parts is that made
> out of? I rather like the paint job too.

It's the old demon prince figure (wings and both arms, though I didn't
use the axe hand), and two Inquisitor figures, Covenant (legs, sword,
pistol holster) and the Adeptus Mechanicus (body and head).

>> Let's see how many games he gets before I get totally sick of the sight
>> of my CSMs and having to read that fucking book every time I want to
>> change my list.
>>
> <moving towards the naughty side of Santa's list...>
>
> Gav! Gav! Gav!

Gav has earned so much coal he's virtually a renewable energy source.

--
Kurt *Kill the nospam to reply*

Ignoring the fluff is like sleeping with your cousin!

-- RGMW outtake