microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.buildingcontrols

Re: WebControl - Child control events

MasterGaurav \(www.edujini-labs.com\)

1/14/2007 10:24:00 AM

Have you added the button to the 'Controls' property of the custom-web
control?
How are you rendering the button?

Well, "runat" attribute is not to be sent to the client... it is processed
by ASP.Net Runtime. I think you need better understanding of HTML and
ASP.Net first.

anyway... some code that you wrote should be able to help you out in
resolving the problem..

--
Happy Hacking,
Gaurav Vaish | www.mastergaurav.com

"Simon" <Simon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hey guys.
>
> I am learning how to write a custom web control and I am inheriting from
> System.Web.UI.WebControls.WebControl. I have created an instance of a
> Button
> class inside of this control and in the constructor of the control I have
> handled the Click event. When I click the button and it submits the page,
> the
> event doesn't fire.
>
> I want to be able to handle that click event and fire the parent controls
> click event so the developer using the control can handle appropriately.
>
> I am not sure what is stopping the event from firing. The function that
> receives the event isn't being executed. I then thought oh yeah I forgot
> .Attributes.Add("runat", "server"); but that didn't make a difference.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks and take care.

2 Answers

swp

On Thursday, October 3, 2013 11:08:22 PM UTC-4, Mark Brader wrote:
> Stephen Perry:
> > thank you Mark. please do another. a quote from shakespeare (who else)
> > comes to mind.
>
> Well, the quote you bring to *my* mind is from Dickens. Byvire Gjvfg.

not quite, but I see your point.

> > topic ideas ... topics can be from ... history, science, art,
> > mathematics, arcana, television, mondegrens, sports, canadiana (yes!),
> > long (over 15 letter) words, politics, sociology, architecture, most
> > quoted people, ... I'm sure you can think of many others.
>
> Are you considering that the format requires numerical answers?

yes. precisely.

for example, 'how many paintings did vincent van gogh produce?' or how about 'how many episodes of "yes, prime minister" were aired over the course of the series?' and so on.

swp

swp

On Thursday, October 3, 2013 10:57:54 PM UTC-4, Marc Dashevsky wrote:
> In article <d44b4745-8699-4bff-b5c3-bb4e62c7f233@googlegroups.com>, Stephen.W.Perry@gmail.com says...
>
> > congratulations Marc. well done. I am reminded of a quote from 'the wizard of oz' but I won't say which.
>
> Thanks you. Thank you very much. Could the quote be:
>
> Back where I come from, we have universities, seats
> of great learning, where men go to become great
> thinkers. And when they come out, they think deep
> thoughts and with no more brains than you have.
> But they have one thing you haven't got: a diploma.
>
> Of course I fully understand the value of winning a contest through
> the frequent employment of wild guesses.

not the quote I had in mind!

I was thinking of this:
Professor Marvel never guesses, he knows!

and of course the scarecrow's refrain from his song for myself.

swp