microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.buildingcontrols

Re: Two User Controls: One gets called before the other

MasterGaurav \(www.edujini-labs.com\)

1/10/2007 11:01:00 AM

What do you mean by "getting called"?

The order of loading (and rendering) is:

ParentControl.OnLoad followed by AllChildren.OnLoad which implies that first
Load even of Parent control is trigerred followed by that of the child
controls.

Similarly, the default implementation in RenderControl method is to render
all child controls.

There's no escape.
IIRC, there's some private / internal method LoadRecursive (you can get it
by simply overriding OnLoad method and throwing an exception and then
seeting the stacktrace). You would get a stacktrace similar to below:

[quote]
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint,
Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1061
[/quote]

--
Happy Hacking,
Gaurav Vaish | www.mastergaurav.com