microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.buildingcontrols

Connection Problem in Publishing Website

Hassun

I have a site with several pages and most of them have SqlDataScource
controls that connect the page to my local SQL Server.

How can I copy a Website to a remote server and change all the
connections to the remote SQL server? Changing the connections before
uploading all pages is not a practical solution.

Any ideas please?

--
Hassun

Thomas Wong

> How can I copy a Website to a remote server and change all the
> connections to the remote SQL server? Changing the connections before
> uploading all pages is not a practical solution.

Have you tried using a Web Deployment Project -> Properties -> Deployment ->
Enable Web.config file section? (this using Web Application Project; I'm not
too familiar with the default method)