microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.buildingcontrols

Question about a user control derived from DropDownList

Big Daddy

11/9/2006 6:38:00 PM

I posted this in a different group yesterday with no responses, so I'll
try here.

I have a simple control that is in a CS file (not ASCX). It is derived
from DropDownList like this

public class FiltersDropDown : DropDownList
{

}

It overrides a couple of functions. I want to include this
FiltersDropDown control in an ASPX file. I know how to use the "@
register" directive to include an ASCX file, but it doesn't seem to
work when the control is defined in a CS file. If I put the CS file in
a library (DLL) I am able to access it, but I don't want to put it in a
library; I just want to include it in the web site like a regular file.
I have tried putting it in the root directory of the website, a custom
subdirectory, or the app_code subdirectory, without any success. Any
ideas? I am using ASP.NET 2.0

Thanks in advance,
John

4 Answers

MasterGaurav \(www.edujini-labs.com\)

> It overrides a couple of functions. I want to include this
> FiltersDropDown control in an ASPX file. I know how to use the "@
> register" directive to include an ASCX file, but it doesn't seem to
> work when the control is defined in a CS file. If I put the CS file in
> a library (DLL) I am able to access it, but I don't want to put it in a
> library; I just want to include it in the web site like a regular file.

Can you elaborate?
Control cannot be accssed from a 'cs' file.
btw, how do you put the CS file in a DLL?

--
Happy Hacking,
Gaurav Vaish | www.mastergaurav.com

cld

Drop the Big Daddy wrote:
> I posted this in a different group yesterday with no responses, so I'll
> try here.
>
> I have a simple control that is in a CS file (not ASCX). It is derived
> from DropDownList like this
>
> public class FiltersDropDown : DropDownList
> {
>
> }
>
> It overrides a couple of functions. I want to include this
> FiltersDropDown control in an ASPX file. I know how to use the "@
> register" directive to include an ASCX file, but it doesn't seem to
> work when the control is defined in a CS file. If I put the CS file in
> a library (DLL) I am able to access it, but I don't want to put it in a
> library; I just want to include it in the web site like a regular file.
> I have tried putting it in the root directory of the website, a custom
> subdirectory, or the app_code subdirectory, without any success. Any
> ideas? I am using ASP.NET 2.0
>
> Thanks in advance,

Drop the CS file in the App_code folder.

Good luck

viperbsd

On Jun 13, 9:26 am, John Dayhuff <pinhead6...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jun 13, 12:12 pm, viperbsd <viper...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>
> > Looking to sell or trade my HUO LOTR pinball.  It was bought new in
> > 2006 and has seen very little use since than.
>
> > It is in perfect condition and  plays 100% with no errors.  Also
> > included are some extra figurines and a complete LED kit that has not
> > been installed yet.
>
> > I am looking to sell it for $3,600 or trades +/- cash
>
> > If interested please e-mail.
>
> > Jeff
>
> Location ??
>
> John P. Dayhuff
> Battle Creek, MI.
> 269-979-3836

I am located in Sacramento, Ca

itsmarkda

> I am located in Sacramento, Ca

Interesting. I live near you, and just sent you an email.

-Mark