comp.programming.threads

Stringtree 1.2 is here...

Ramine

6/10/2015 10:32:00 PM

Hello,

Stringtree 1.2 is here...

This new version is optimized more, and it adds an overloaded method
to get the number of files of a directory, and i think that my new
Stringtree is of a good quality and i think it is a stable software.

TStringStree class implements a non-visual tree structure like that
found in TreeView. TStringTree is a class for handling a tree-structured
stringlist. TStringTree is very similar to directory structures , it
uses the familiar terms of "directories" and "files" instead of nodes
and child nodes. This unit is based on Kjell Hasthi unit but i have
redesigned it and enhanced it much more and it is now much more faster
than Kjeli Hasthi unit and it also uses my Parallel Sort library and it
uses my faster HashStringList.

If you look at the source code of my new and very fast StringTree, you
will notice that it is now considered to have the same level of quality
as a good industrial library... so why i am doing this affirmation ?
cause what i have done is designing my StringTree taking into account
the important factor that is the time and space algorithmic's complexity
of my algorithms, before i have used a datastructure called StringList
that you find in Delphi and Freepascal , this datastructure uses an
array as an implementation, StringList adds a key as a string's type and
an object as an element inside the array.. so the add() method is fast,
but the search method is "sequential", so the time algorithmic's
complexity of the search method of StringList is sequential , so it is
not good, so i have tried to use another datastruture called
HashedStringList inside Delphi and FreePascal, this datastructure uses a
hashtable over StringList's datastructure to optimize the search in O(1)
best case complexity, but HashedStringList was still slow, this why i
have implemented my very fast HashStringList datastructure that you will
find inside the zip and that uses a hashtable to optimize the
StringList's datastructure and that render the search in O(1) time
complexity in best case and log(n) time complexity in average case and
that is very fast, this has allowed my StringTree to be very efficient
and very fast, also i have also treated my StringTree as a database that
must be indexed to become very fast, so i have indexed some "tables"
inside StringTree using my very fast HashStringList to render my
StringTree a very fast library , also i have rewrote almost all the
methods of the first StringTree and i have render it a powerful library,
and i have stressed tested it and you can be confident cause i think
that it is now really stable. this is why i have said that my StringTree
is now considered to have the same level of quality as a good industrial
library...

You can download my new Stringtree version 1.2 from:

https://sites.google.com/site/aminer68/...

Thank you,
Amine Moulay Ramdane.