Newsgroup email address leeches

David Ross

10/2/2004 11:39:00 PM

Hello fellow rubiers!

Question: Are you getting spam from

Subject: FREE Satellite TV + FREE DVRs + HDTV Receivers
From: "Dish Network Affilliate" <jim@unlimitedmail.org>

?

I noticed I was receiving mail from this leech in my accounts subscribed
to the Ruby-Talk mailing list.

--dross

4 Answers

Kaspar Schiess

David Ross

I emailed the address once before telling him off. Which means that
there is somebody at the other end of that address. I think its about
time to get spammers back :)

Ruby SpammerAssassinTool anyone? :) Uses a list of proxies out of file ;)

--dross

Kaspar Schiess wrote:

Bill Atkins

Yes.

On Sun, 3 Oct 2004 08:38:37 +0900, David Ross <dross@code-exec.net> wrote:
> Hello fellow rubiers!
>
> Question: Are you getting spam from
>
> Subject: FREE Satellite TV + FREE DVRs + HDTV Receivers
> From: "Dish Network Affilliate" <jim@unlimitedmail.org>
>
> ?
>
> I noticed I was receiving mail from this leech in my accounts subscribed
> to the Ruby-Talk mailing list.
>
> --dross

David Ross

This is truely annoying and sad. I am about to launch an all out attack
against that email address if I get another spam message from it. He
won't be able to shift attack emails from real :)

Proxy power! (*and non-common port proxy power)

--dross

---
"Remember, the internet is one big insecure network. Anything is possible."