comp.programming.threads

I have just read the following about Intel TSX

Ramine

12/7/2014 1:05:00 AM

Hello,

I have just read the following about Intel TSX:

"At the moment, TSX is quite slow, even if there's no contention and you
don't do anything in the block. There's a lot of overhead. Using TSX
naively may slow down even threaded code. Getting significant
performance gains from it is non-trivial."

read more here a little bit down the webpage:

http://cbloomrants.blogspot.ca/search?updated-min=2014-01-01T00:00:00-08:00&updated-max=2015-01-01T00:00:00-08:00&max-...

So i think my newer scalable distributed sequential lock is
faster than Intel TSX on read-mostly scenarios, also my newer algorithm
is kind of general synchronization mechanism because it works with both
memory and hardisk.

Thank you,
Amine Moulay Ramdane.

3 Answers

Chris M. Thomasson

> "Ramine" wrote in message news:m5vufu$uk6$2@dont-email.me...
> Hello,
> I have just read the following about Intel TSX:

[...]

why do you insist on multi-posting?

;^(

Melzzzzz

On Sat, 6 Dec 2014 14:42:53 -0800
"Chris M. Thomasson" <no@spam.invalid> wrote:

> > "Ramine" wrote in message news:m5vufu$uk6$2@dont-email.me...
> > Hello,
> > I have just read the following about Intel TSX:
>
> [...]
>
> why do you insist on multi-posting?
>
> ;^(

I believe it is restriction of his news server.

Chris M. Thomasson

> "Melzzzzz" wrote in message news:20141207012100.56423912@maxa-pc...

> > On Sat, 6 Dec 2014 14:42:53 -0800
> > "Chris M. Thomasson" <no@spam.invalid> wrote:

> > > "Ramine" wrote in message news:m5vufu$uk6$2@dont-email.me...
> > > Hello,
> > > I have just read the following about Intel TSX:
> >
> > [...]
> >
> > why do you insist on multi-posting?
> >
> > ;^(

> I believe it is restriction of his news server.

Thatâ??s a shame.

;^(