[zoso@demiurgo.org: Re: Anyone blogging the Ruby Conference?]

Esteban Manchado Velázquez

10/2/2004 2:51:00 PM

You're missing an "e" :-) http://onest...

--
Esteban Manchado Velázquez <zoso@foton.es> - http://ww...
EuropeSwPatentFree - http://EuropeSwPatentFree.his...

Al Dunbar

"Lennart" <Lennart@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Ok, tanks. yes it is hosted by IE. Any suggestion on what security to
> change
> to make it run again?

I'd advise against reducing the security settings on your browser for this
purpose. Try renaming the file from whatever.htm to whatever.hta.

/Al

> "mr_unreliable" wrote:
>
>> Lennart wrote:
>> > I'm using a script to start excel and load requested file. We are know
>> > moving to Vista and it don't works any longer. Excel starts but the
>> > file
>> > don't load.
>> >

>> hi Lennart,
>>
>> Could that script possibly be hosted by IE?
>>
>> If so, then you might be running into some sort of
>> a security problem. That is, if you allow an IE
>> script to launch an app, then there is all sorts of
>> mischief that the scripter could do to your system
>> -- even more so with excel, because an excel file
>> can contain a toxic bunch of vba code wrapped up
>> inside.
>>
>> cheers, jw
>>
>> You got questions? WE GOT ANSWERS!!! ..(but, no guarantee
>> the answers will be applicable to the questions)

mr_unreliable

Lennart wrote:
> Ok, tanks. yes it is hosted by IE. Any suggestion on what security to change
> to make it run again?

Sorry Lennart, I am still using win98 and so I don't have
the benefit of all the security enhancements you have with
the newer systems.

Perhaps somebody who is more up-to-date will come along
and answer your question.

cheers, jw