comp.programming.threads

About Parallel Hahslist

Ramine

11/25/2014 2:25:00 PM

Hello,

As you know i have implemented a Parallel Hashlist (a parallel
hashtable) that uses fine-grained locking using lock-striping,
but i have just corrected a bug in the Find() method of Parallel
Hahslist, and i have modified a little bit the interface of the Find()
method, please look inside the "test.pas" example to see how to use it..
i have thought more to how to avoid modifying the interface
of the Find() method, and i have come to the conclusion that
i have to derive from TPersistant the object that you pass to the
Remove() and Add() and Find() methods , so when i am inside
the scalable RWLock inside the Find() method i have to return
a copy of the Object that is derived from TPersistent, but
i have thought more about this, and i have come to the conclusion that
this method of deriving from TPersistent and returning a copy
of the object from the Find() method is subject to a bug in
parallel programming if the object contains a reference ( a pointer) to
another object and that this reference can be freed when returning from
the Remove() method, so because of this constraint i have decided to
keep the new modified interface. My Parallel Varfiler don't have this
bug/problem.

You can download the new version of my Parallel Hahslist from:

https://sites.google.com/site...

I have also corrected a memory leak inside my Parallel Varfiler,
you can download the new version from:

https://sites.google.com/site...

Thank you,
Amine Moulay Ramdane.