comp.programming.threads

Re: How do I look inside an .exe file to view the programming

dezmynb

10/30/2014 3:41:00 AM

You need a decompiler
4 Answers

Dave Anderson

mcp6453 wrote:
> Sorry to ask this question, but is Classic ASP a dead language?

Clearly not. Plenty of us speak it. But it is definitely on the wane. More
and more of us spend more and more of our time in ASP.NET these days.

--
Dave Anderson

PW

"Dave Anderson" <NPQRWPDWZGSP@spammotel.com> wrote in message
> mcp6453 wrote:
>> Sorry to ask this question, but is Classic ASP a dead language?
>
> Clearly not. Plenty of us speak it. But it is definitely on the wane. More
> and more of us spend more and more of our time in ASP.NET these days.

Don't forget to mention that a Classic ASP website can easily be converted
to an ASP.NET website by merely renaming all the .asp files to .aspx files
and installing the ASP.NET framework. There is usually very little that
needs to be adjusted in the code, depending on the website of course.

mcp6453

Really? Is that something that we should investigate?

PW wrote:
> "Dave Anderson" <NPQRWPDWZGSP@spammotel.com> wrote in message
>> mcp6453 wrote:
>>> Sorry to ask this question, but is Classic ASP a dead language?
>> Clearly not. Plenty of us speak it. But it is definitely on the wane. More
>> and more of us spend more and more of our time in ASP.NET these days.
>>

> Don't forget to mention that a Classic ASP website can easily be converted
> to an ASP.NET website by merely renaming all the .asp files to .aspx files
> and installing the ASP.NET framework. There is usually very little that
> needs to be adjusted in the code, depending on the website of course.

McKirahan

"mcp6453" <mcp6453@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Really? Is that something that we should investigate?

Probably not -- in my opinion.

ASP.NET - Web Pages
http://www.w3schools.com/aspnet/aspnet...

"ASP.NET is not fully compatible with Classic ASP,
but most Classic ASP pages will work fine as ASP.NET
pages, with only minor changes."

Just changing the extension is not really "converting" the pages.

ASP to ASP.NET Migration Assistant
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/asp.net/aa3...