comp.programming.threads

Parallel Varfiler was ported to Delphi XE versions

Ramine

10/29/2014

Hello,

My Parallel Varfiler was ported to Delphi XE versions,
so now it's working with all the Delphi versions and
also with FreePascal.

Please note that Parallel Varfiler is more powerful
than a persistant parallel Hashtable, cause it can also save
automaticaly your parallel Hashtable to the hardisk
or it can also work from memory and it's a parallel hashtable
that works with variants and with streams etc.

You can read more about Parallel Varfiler and download it from my google
site here:

https://sites.google.com/site/aminer68/paralle...

there is two zipfiles to download, one for Delphi XE versions called
"parallelvarfiler_xe.zip" and another one for FreePascal
and Delphi 7 to 2007 called "parallelvarfiler.zip"...

Thank you,
Amine Moulay Ramdane.

4 Answers

Ramine

Hello,

When there is collisions in the hashtable , the average time complexity
will be O(log(n)) in each bucket were the collisions happened.

To compile it please use the define options: -DDelphi

Thank you,
Amine Moulay Ramdane.

Ramine

Hello,

When there is collisions in the parallel hashtable , the average time
complexity will be O(log(n)) in each bucket were the collisions happened.

The average time complexity is O(log(n)) in each bucket were the
collisions happened, cause i am using a binary tree in each bucket of
the hashtable, and the best case time complexity is O(1) , so it's more
than a parallel hashtable that is really fast.

Thank you,
Amine Moulay Ramdane.

Ramine

Hello,

My Parallel Varfiler is not using RWLock, it's using a more fine grained
locking mechanism that we call lock striping and using RWLock in each
bucket of the hashtable , so it is really scalable and fast.

Thank you,
Amine Moulay Ramdane.

Ramine

Hello,

If you look at Java or Delphi , then if you use persitant objects , i
think you have to save them manually to the hardisk file, but my
Parallel Varfiler is more powerful cause it can save automaticalyto
hardisk file each key and its corresponding data that you write to the
hashtable , and as i have said my Parallel Varfiler don't use a single
RWLock around the Hashtable, but it is more powerful cause it is more
fine grained cause it uses lock striping and an RWLock for each bucket
of the hashtable, so it's more scalable and fast.

So you have to take a look at my Parallel Varfiler and its programming
interface that is easy to use.

Thank you,
Amine Moulay Ramdane.