comp.programming.threads

My new concept and algorithms

Ramine

10/22/2014 2:15:00 AM

Hello,

I want to talk to you about my new inventions that are my
SemaMonitor and my SemaCondvar algorithms...

I have invented those new concepts and algorithms and i want to
explain to you what are they and what are there strength..

My SemaMonitor object combines all charateristics of a Semaphore
and an eventcount, the EventCount look like the Windows Event Object,
But you will notice that my new concept and algorithm called
SemaMonitor is more powerfull than a Windows Event Object alone
and more powerfull than the Semaphore alone, cause when you are
sending the signals to threads waiting on my SemaMonitor ,
my SemaMonitor can be configured so that the signals will not
be lost when the threads are not waiting, or it can be configured
so that the signals will be lost if the threads are not waiting,
and my SemaMonitor can act also as a Semaphore, so it's more
p[owerfull than the combination of the Semaphore and the EventCount !
so all in all my new concept and algorithm is very powerfull, more
powerfull than the Windows Event object an more powerfull than the
Semaphore and more powerfull than the EventCount and more powerfull
that the combination of the Semaphore and the EventCount.

That's the same for my SemaCondvar that combines all the charateristics
of a Semaphore and a condition variable, it's also very powerfull.

I have provided you with two versions, the heavy weight objectS
that you can download from here:

https://sites.google.com/site/aminer68/semacondvar-s...

And the other objects that are more lightweight and faster that you
will can download from my concurrent FIFO queue 1 zipfile here:

https://sites.google.com/site/aminer68/concurrent-fi...

So hope you have find my new algorithms very interesting and powerfull.

Thank you,
Amine Moulay Ramdane.

2 Answers

Al Dunbar

<insanity2k4@gmail.com> wrote in message
On Feb 4, 11:20 am, Tom Lavedas <tglba...@cox.net> wrote:

> I'm not certain what your question is, but after taking a very quick
> look at the script and doing a brief search of the net, I would offer
> the following for consideration:
>
> First, have a look at this reference ...
>
> http://www.eggheadcafe.com/software/aspnet/30580131/how-do-......
>
> Then from it, I created this little subroutine that could be used to
> greatly simplify your long lists of cell locations and properties ...
>
> ' Assuming strComputer and objSheet are defined correctly, for
> example ...
> '
> Set colItems = GetObject("winmgmts:{impersonationLevel=impersonate}!> \" _
> & strComputer & "\root\cimv2:Win32_Processor")
> col = 2
> rowStart = 2
>
> FillCol(col, rowStart, colItems, objSheet)
>
> Sub FillCol(col, row1, cItems, oSheet)
>
> Dim oItem, oPropertySet, oProperty, y
>
> row = row1
> For Each oItem in cItems
> Set oPropertySet = oItem.Properties_
> For Each oProperty In oPropertySet
> objSheet.Cells(col, row).Value = eval("oItem." &
> oProperty.name)
> row = row + 1
> Next ' Property
> Next ' Item
>
> End Sub ' FillCol
>
> This will significantly reduce the number of lines of code, thereby
> improving readability, maintenance and reducing the potential for
> errors in typing.
>
> If you have some other particular problem, you'll need to restate your
> problem.
>
> Tom Lavedas
> ***********http://there.is.no.more...

My apologies for not being clearer. The actual problem I'm having is
that the script will execute "successfully" without giving any errors,
but does not actually create or write to the spreadsheet.

===> I'm not sure why you equate "not giving any errors" with "running
successfully". In my opinion, a script that fails to perform the intended
task has not run successfully.

/Al

Running the
script gives me an Excel process and obviously a scripting host
process. The host process terms after the script has completed, but
the Excel process remains, but unfortunately no spreadsheet.

Chris M. Thomasson

> "Ramine" wrote in message news:m26pcc$jp8$2@dont-email.me...

> I want to talk to you about my new inventions that are my
> SemaMonitor and my SemaCondvar algorithms...

> So hope you have find my new algorithms very interesting and powerfull.
[...]
Sorry, but, no thank you.