Re: Translating Japanese documentation to English -- where to beg in?

Peña, Botp

10/1/2004 8:04:00 AM

Steve Brumbaugh [mailto:spb1981@yahoo.com] wrote:

> Hello! I'd like to help translate some of the Japanese
> documentation to English, but am not sure where to begin. I
> found a list of pending translations at
> <http://www.rubygarden.org/ruby?TranslationsInPr..., but
> the list is quite out of date. I've also searched ruby-talk
> and ruby-list, but didn't immediately find any current information.
>
> Does anybody have suggestions for getting started? I'd hate
> to duplicate the work of other people.

How about translating the japanese books in ruby? -see
http://www.rubycolor.org/maki/txt/ruby...

It would be a noble task. Not only will you be aiding a lot of non-jp
programmers here, you will also be aiding yourself since you can sell these
books (count me as one buyer). I remember sir matz mention that jap books
are very cheap... so I hope you'll sell your translated book cheap too :-)

> Best,
> Steve

kind regards -botp