comp.programming

Parallel Conjugate gradient linear system solver

Ramine

6/30/2014 1:41:00 AM

Hello,

As you have noticed i have implemented my Parallel Conjugate gradient
linear system solver, here it is:

https://sites.google.com/site/aminer68/parallel-implementation-of-conjugate-gradient-linear-sys...

But as you will notice i am using arrays to implement it ,
but arrays do take too much memory even if the matrix is more
sparse, but i have decided to implement it like that with arrays,
so a matrix of 100000 by 1000000 elements will take around
64 Gbytes of memory, so you have to have a server with 32 Gbytes
of memory or more to be able to solve large industrial problems
with my parallel Parallel Conjugate gradient linear system solver.

To use much less memory i have to use linklists , but linklists
are not parallel freindly with my parallel algorithm, they will
be too CPU expensive , hence too slow, so this why i have decided
to keep using arrays in my parallel algorithm

Thank you,
Amine Moulay Ramdane.

1 Answer

Ramine

On 6/29/2014 6:41 PM, Ramine wrote:

> Hello,
>
> As you have noticed i have implemented my Parallel Conjugate gradient
> linear system solver, here it is:
>

> https://sites.google.com/site/aminer68/parallel-implementation-of-conjugate-gradient-linear-sys...
>

> But as you will notice i am using arrays to implement it ,
> but arrays do take too much memory even if the matrix is more
> sparse, but i have decided to implement it like that with arrays,
> so a matrix of 100000 by 1000000 elements will take around

I mean a matrix of 100000 by 100000 elements