The new Pickaxe II book is a reality!

Warren Brown

9/30/2004 5:50:00 PM

To everyone eagerly awaiting Dave's new book:

Yesterday I received my brand-spanking-new, hot-off-the-presses,
personally signed (thanks Dave!), one-and-a-half inch thick copy of the
new Pickaxe II book. It looks great, is chocked full of great new
stuff, and is destined to become a best seller.

Coming *real* soon to a bookstore near you...

28 Answers

Nathaniel Talbott

On Sep 30, 2004, at 13:49, Warren Brown wrote:

> To everyone eagerly awaiting Dave's new book:
>
> Yesterday I received my brand-spanking-new, hot-off-the-presses,
> personally signed (thanks Dave!), one-and-a-half inch thick copy of the
> new Pickaxe II book. It looks great, is chocked full of great new
> stuff, and is destined to become a best seller.
>
> Coming *real* soon to a bookstore near you...

/me drools

19 hours and counting...

Nathaniel
Terralien, Inc.

<:((><

Dave Thomas

On Sep 30, 2004, at 12:49, Warren Brown wrote:

> Coming *real* soon to a bookstore near you...

Warren's copy came early because he was a reviewer. However, as of
today we've shipped off all the the existing pre-orders (signed, of
course :). The folks at RubyConf should be the first to see theirs, but
the mailed copies should be arriving soon.

We're now taking (and shipping) regular orders. The PDFs will start
shipping first thing in the morning :)

PickAxe II is now officially available!

Cheers

Dave

Simon Strandgaard

On Thursday 30 September 2004 20:08, Dave Thomas wrote:
[snip]
> PickAxe II is now officially available!

Congrats Dave+Andy+rest of pickaxe team with the book.

This is really something big.

--
Simon Strandgaard

Kevin McConnell

> as of today
> we've shipped off all the the existing pre-orders (signed, of course :).

Mine just arrived here at work (perhaps being in Texas helps to get it
quicker?). It looks great...nice job Dave!

Looks like I won't be getting much "real" work done for the rest of the
day then :-)

Cheers,
Kevin

Mike Clark

Got mine in Colorado today. I *love* the lay-flat binding. And
believe me, it's going to get a lot of use.

A most excellent piece of work, Dave, Chad, and Andy!

Mike

Victor Reyes

PLEASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEEE stop enjoying it so much. I am
still waiting for my copy.

Victor

On Fri, 1 Oct 2004 05:05:01 +0900, Mike Clark <mike@clarkware.com> wrote:
> Got mine in Colorado today. I *love* the lay-flat binding. And
> believe me, it's going to get a lot of use.
>
> A most excellent piece of work, Dave, Chad, and Andy!
>
> Mike

Florian Weber

On Oct 1, 2004, at 14:34 Uhr, Victor Reyes wrote:

> PLEASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEEE stop enjoying it so much. I am
> still waiting for my copy.

i heard some people already got emails because of the pdf version.
i didn't get anything yet.. is it pdf version officially out yet?

Victor Reyes

Yes it is. I got my PDF version this morning!

Victo

On Oct 1, 2004, at 8:30, Florian Weber wrote:

> i heard some people already got emails because of the pdf version.
> i didn't get anything yet.. is it pdf version officially out yet?

It is, and we're currently working through a fairly decent sized
backlog sending them all out. We should be up-to-date sometime today.

Cheers

Dave

lucsky

Florian Weber <csshsh@structbench.com> wrote:

> i heard some people already got emails because of the pdf version.
> i didn't get anything yet.. is it pdf version officially out yet?

Yes. I have received a notification email this morning (Paris/GMT+1)
saying that my PDF download was ready, and indeed it was.

And as expected, Pickaxe II rules.

Still waiting for my dead-tree version to cross the Atlantic though, the
PDF is very convenient to have on the Powerbook, but it just can't
replace the Proustian fragrance of ink and paper :)

--
Luc Heinrich - lucsky@mac.com