comp.programming

Look at this disgusting cowboy

aminer

6/10/2014 2:23:00 PM

Look at this disgusting cowboy called Kaz Kylheku and how
he harrassed me in a sadistic way..

I think that american likes arabs for there money, because they make
more monney with the Arabia Saoudia and such, i don't think
that americans like arabs, they hate arabs but they don't say
it.

Amine Moulay Ramdane,.
3 Answers

Al Dunbar

"Pegasus (MVP)" <I.can@fly.com.oz> wrote in message

> "Peter Gordon" <petergo@netspacedelete.net.au> wrote in message
>> The two lines of code below, will open a console window,
>> run the dir command and then close the window before
>> the contents can be read. Is there any way to keep the
>> window open and displaying it's [its] contents?
>>
>> The code:
>> Set aShell = Wscript.CreateObject("Wscript.Shell")
>> iret = aShell.Run( "dir", 1, TRUE)
>>

>> --
>> Peter Gordon
>
> Unfortunately your code won't run anything because there is no executable
> called "dir.exe" or "dir.com". "Dir" is an internal Command Processor
> command, which means that you must launch cmd.exe to run it, as for some
> other commands such as cd, md, del, copy.

Unless, of course, there is a dir.bat or dir.cmd file...

> Try this code:
>
> Set oShell = WScript.CreateObject("Wscript.Shell")
> iret = oShell.run("cmd.exe /c dir c:\ & pause", 1, True)
>
> To prevent the Console process from closing, add the "pause" command.

Another method would be this:

Set oShell = WScript.CreateObject("Wscript.Shell")
iret = oShell.run("cmd.exe /k dir c:\", 1, True)

this will keep the command window open and usable, allowing the user to
examine environment variables or what have you before closing the window
with exit.

/Al

Peter Gordon

"Al Dunbar" <alandrub@hotmail.com> wrote in

> "Pegasus (MVP)" <I.can@fly.com.oz> wrote in message
>>
>> "Peter Gordon" <petergo@netspacedelete.net.au> wrote in message
>>> The two lines of code below, will open a console window,
>>> run the dir command and then close the window before
>>> the contents can be read. Is there any way to keep the
>>> window open and displaying it's [its] contents?
>>>
>>> The code:
>>> Set aShell = Wscript.CreateObject("Wscript.Shell")
>>> iret = aShell.Run( "dir", 1, TRUE)
>>>

>>> --
>>> Peter Gordon
>>
>> Unfortunately your code won't run anything because there is no
>> executable called "dir.exe" or "dir.com". "Dir" is an internal
>> Command Processor command, which means that you must launch cmd.exe
>> to run it, as for some other commands such as cd, md, del, copy.
>
> Unless, of course, there is a dir.bat or dir.cmd file...
>
>> Try this code:
>>
>> Set oShell = WScript.CreateObject("Wscript.Shell")
>> iret = oShell.run("cmd.exe /c dir c:\ & pause", 1, True)
>>
>> To prevent the Console process from closing, add the "pause" command.
>
> Another method would be this:
>
> Set oShell = WScript.CreateObject("Wscript.Shell")
> iret = oShell.run("cmd.exe /k dir c:\", 1, True)
>
> this will keep the command window open and usable, allowing the user
> to examine environment variables or what have you before closing the
> window with exit.
>
> /Al
Thanks for the replies, I eventually used the code below
which works well.

Set xxcopyShell = Wscript.CreateObject("Wscript.Shell")
strXXCOPY = "%comspec% /c xxcopy.exe "
strOptions = " /BI /Y /KS /E /R /X*\Tmp\ /Q "
strCmd = strXXCOPY & strOptions & strFiles & " & pause"
' MsgBox strCmd, vbOkOnly, "The Command"
ret = xxcopyShell.Run( strCmd, 1, TRUE)

--
Peter Gordon

Melzzzzz

On Tue, 10 Jun 2014 07:22:56 -0700
aminer <aminer@toto.net> wrote:

> Look at this disgusting cowboy called Kaz Kylheku and how
> he harrassed me in a sadistic way..

Please , he didn't harassed you...

> I think that american likes arabs for there money, because they make
> more monney with the Arabia Saoudia and such, i don't think
> that americans like arabs, they hate arabs but they don't say
> it.

Why do you keep talking about nationalities? Is this because
you can't defend your point of view? That is that Unix/C/C++
sux and Windows/Pascal rulez?

--
Click OK to continue...