comp.programming

Analyzing parallel applications with Petri Nets

aminer

6/10/2014 12:04:00 PM

Hello,

I have lnvented a new technic that allows us to analyse
more easily parallel applications, i have included this technic
on the follwing tutorial that i have put on my website:

https://sites.google.com/site/aminer68/how-to-analyse-parallel-applications-with-...

I have used my new technic and Petri Nets and used Tina software
to analyse parallel applications and i have showed you how to model
Semaphores, and Critical sections and how to model the windows
WaitForsingleObject() and the windows WaitForMultipleObjects() using
Petri Nets.. and i have showed you how to model a parallel application
in Object Pascal with Petri Nets to avoid deadlocks even in complex
parallel realtime safe critical systems...

The demand for high availability and reliability of computer and
software systems has led to a formal verification of such systems. There
are two principal approaches to formal verification: model checking and
theorem proving.

I will talk about Petri Nets and how to model parallel programs and how
to exploit verification tools as Tina to verify the properties such as
liveleness of the system. I will restrict the discussion to so-called
"1-conservative" Petri Nets, in which the capacity of each place is
assumed to be 1, and each edge will remove exactly one mark from a net
if it leads from a place to a transition and add exactly one when it
leads from a transition to a place.

You can download my html tutorial that uses Object pascal from here:

https://sites.google.com/site/aminer68/how-to-analyse-parallel-applications-with-...

and you can download Tina(TIme petri Net Analyzer) that i have used in
my tutorial from here:

http://projects.laa...
Also you need to download Romeo from here:

http://romeo.rts-sof...

Thank you,
Amine Moulay Ramdane.

3 Answers

Bob Barrows [MVP]

jp2code wrote:
> "Bob Barrows [MVP]" wrote:
>> I have never seen online examples for using ASP with MySQL. Of
>> course, I have never looked at their website either ...
>
> So MSSQL is the preferred database?

No, its' MY preferred database. I do intranet applications so it suits
my purposes well. That does not mean it will be YOUR preferred database.

> My host allows me 10 MySQL databases, but only one MSSQL database.
>
> I can't see any need for more than one database (as long as I can
> house as many tables that I need), so I don't see any plus to having
> 10 databases in one format verses one database in the other format
> with more tables.
>
> How would I start with one of these databases? I can tell my host to
> create a database and give it a name, but then I need to add tables,
> then items, and eventually relationships.
>
> Doing all of this with code I create in a webpage seems cumbersome.
> Will one of these databases allow me to create, input and modify my
> data on my PC for uploading to my host? That was what I did with
> Access in the past, but I don't know how to create/open a database on
> my PC through MySQL or MSSQL.
>
> I'd like to know what the strong parts are to each database before I
> get started. After that, my next question will be:
> How do I get started with one of these databases? How do I create it
> on my PC? How do I get to the database's interface? Etc.

Start with this:
http://www.aspfaq.com/show.a...

--
Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET

Bob Barrows [MVP]

jp2code wrote:
> How would I start with one of these databases? I can tell my host to
> create a database and give it a name, but then I need to add tables,
> then items, and eventually relationships.

This may also be useful as well:
http://www.aspfaq.com/show.a...
--
Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET

jp2code

Thanks Mr. Barrows. You have answered my question.

If I have other questions about databases, I will ask them in another
thread.