comp.programming

Parallel Sort

aminer

6/10/2014 11:34:00 AM

Hello,

As you have noticed i am working on parallelism and synchronization,
the others projects that i have worked on is a Parallel Quicksort and
a better Parallel Sort library, my Parallel Quicksort algorithm is also
useful cause it avoids worst case performance, for that i have changed
the partition() function so that it avoids the worst case performance,
and also my Parallel Quicksort algorithm uses the median-of-three that
gives almost 10% better speed.

But if you want something better than my Parallel Quicksort use my
Parallel Sort library, my Parallel Sort library implemente a Parallel
hybrid divide-and-conquer merge algorithm that performs 0.9-5.8 times
better than sequential merge, on a quad-core processor, with larger
arrays outperforming by over 5 times. Parallel processing combined with
a hybrid algorithm approach provides a powerful high performance result,
so my Parallel Sort library parallelize both the sort part and the merge
part and my Parallel Sort library supports Parallel Quicksort, Parallel
HeapSort and Parallel MergeSort on Multicores systems.

The best case complexity of Parallel Sort library using mergesort is:

((n/p)* log(n/p)) + O(n/p)

p: is the number of cores

the ((n/p)* log(n/p)) is the complexity of the sorting part.

O(n/p) is the best case complexity of the merging part.

so the best case complexity is: ((n/p)* log(n/p))

You can download my Parallel Sort library and my
Parallel Quicksort from:

https://sites.google.com/site...

Thank you,
Amine Moulay Ramdane.