comp.programming

I have come to an interresting subject...

aminer

5/16/2014 3:58:00 AM

Hello,

I have come to an interresting subject...

You have seen me speaking about one of the most important thing
of programming, it is the availability/disponibility and the safety
of parallel or serial libraries that are needed by our projects...
and i have said also that i am dreaming of a day where to be able to
implement our programming projects, the big part of our programming
projects will be a result that is only in a form of composable objects
coming from libraries that are available and safe.. this is my dream and
i think that's also the best way to boost productivity and safety , this
is why i have told you just before that the availability/disponibility
of libraries that are needed be it parallel or serial will become an
important and big part of our projects...

So what i really want in the near future is that almost all of our
projects will be a result of composable and safe objects coming from
parallel or serial libraries... so if you need for exemple to do some
sorting call sage objects from libraries to do easily the job for you ,
if you want to do mathematics call safe objects from libraries to do
easily the job for you, if you want to set a database you call sage
objects from libraries to do easily the job for you etc. etc. and what
we need in the future is programmers that knows how to easily compose
those safe objects coming from parallel or serial libraries and know
there mathematical complexity and such to be able to compose them in the
best way... that's my dream , and i think that's also the best way to
boost productivity and safety.

Thank you,
Amine Moulay Ramdane.

2 Answers

Richard Mueller [MVP]

"HAL07" <yahoohal@online.yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> Does it help to use authenticationLevel:
>>
>> Set objWMIService = GetObject("winmgmts:" _
>> & "{impersonationLevel=impersonate,authenticationLevel=Pkt}!\\" _
>> & strComputer & "\root\cimv2")
>>
>> If the script works on the server, but not remotely, then perhaps DCOM is
>> disabled. You may need to use:
>>
>> netsh firewall set service remoteadmin enable
>
> I tried both your script modification and the netsh. I even tried turning
> off the firewall and rebooted.
> But no result...
>
> Any clues?

I know of no reason why it should not work on W2k8. It is possible for WMI
to become corrupt. I have used the following links to troubleshoot WMI:

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/scriptcenter/topics/hel...

http://support.microsoft.com...

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/scriptcenter/resources/w...

--
Richard Mueller
MVP Directory Services

HAL07

> I know of no reason why it should not work on W2k8. It is possible for WMI
> to become corrupt. I have used the following links to troubleshoot WMI:
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/scriptcenter/topics/hel...
>
> http://support.microsoft.com...
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/scriptcenter/resources/w...

I don't think so. I have no trouble doing this:
Set colItems = objWMIService.ExecQuery _
("Select * from Win32_Service Where Name = 'DFSR' and State = 'Running'")

it connects and I have output. So I wonder if the names of DFSR have somewhat changed the syntax in 2008?

--
-- HAL07, Engineering Services, Norway