'Instiki as CMS' bug?

Dick Davies

9/28/2004 9:34:00 PM

Just a quick sanity check - does anyone on list use Instiki as
a CMS ( a la http://www.instiki.org/show/HowToUseIn... ) ?

I've tried setting this up, and can see my main page OK, but all the links
generated go to:

/wikiname/show/PageName

instead of

/wikiname/published/PageName

I fixed this by an extra ProxyPass / ProxyPassReverse in the frontend
vhost, but is this a bug, or am I just configuring something wrong?

--
A new koan:
If you have some ice cream, I will give it to you.

Bill Atkins

This is a bug. I submitted a patch for it, but it's still awaiting
integration. In the meantime, search the wiki at instiki.org for
BatkinsTweaks. Part of that patch fixes this bug.

Bill

On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 06:34:27 +0900, Dick Davies
<rasputnik@hellooperator.net> wrote:

> Just a quick sanity check - does anyone on list use Instiki as
> a CMS ( a la http://www.instiki.org/show/HowToUseIn... ) ?
>
> I've tried setting this up, and can see my main page OK, but all the links
> generated go to:
>
> /wikiname/show/PageName
>
> instead of
>
> /wikiname/published/PageName
>
> I fixed this by an extra ProxyPass / ProxyPassReverse in the frontend
> vhost, but is this a bug, or am I just configuring something wrong?
>
> --
> A new koan:
> If you have some ice cream, I will give it to you.
> If you have no ice cream, I will take it away from you.
> It is an ice cream koan.
> Rasputin :: Jack of All Trades - Master of Nuns

Aredridel

> Just a quick sanity check - does anyone on list use Instiki as
> a CMS ( a la http://www.instiki.org/show/HowToUseIn... ) ?
>
> I've tried setting this up, and can see my main page OK, but all the links
> generated go to:
>
> /wikiname/show/PageName
>
> instead of
>
> /wikiname/published/PageName

Did you check the box to publish the web?

Dick Davies

* Bill Atkins <batkins57@gmail.com> [0951 00:51]:
> This is a bug. I submitted a patch for it, but it's still awaiting
> integration. In the meantime, search the wiki at instiki.org for
> BatkinsTweaks. Part of that patch fixes this bug.

Cheers, there are a few other headscratchers mentioned there too.

Everytime I look at Instiki funny it seems to eat my content , but the fix for this bug looks
like a one-worder, so maybe I'll risk it :)

> On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 06:34:27 +0900, Dick Davies

> > Just a quick sanity check - does anyone on list use Instiki as
> > a CMS ( a la http://www.instiki.org/show/HowToUseIn... ) ?
> >
> > I've tried setting this up, and can see my main page OK, but all the links
> > generated go to:
> >
> > /wikiname/show/PageName
> >
> > instead of
> >
> > /wikiname/published/PageName

--
"Interesting. No wait, the other thing: tedious." - Bender