Re: Ruby extconf.rb / autoconf (in?)compatibility

Michal Suchanek

9/27/2004 7:30:00 PM

There is setup.rb which is used by some ruby extensions to do the
configure/build/install stuff. I think it is quite flexible and accepts
arguments for specifying all these paths. The minor problem is that the
arguments have names that differ from the auto* argument names so one
has to figure out which argument is which.
At least this is my experience with install.rb/setup.rb of the
extensions I tried to install.

Thanks

Michal Suchanek

1 Answer

cilibrar

Ah my faith in Ruby is restored. Thanks for the make tip Howard;
although it was right in front of me, for some reason I didn't see
this simple solution. Also thanks for the setup.rb tip Michal, I
think finally I can see a solution to my installation problems. I
will repackage my stuff using these techniques and post again if there
are any more problems. Thanks again for the useful help from
everyone. Cheers,

Rudi