.NET support for SMS or WAP Push?

Alan Plante

4/23/2002 10:26:00 PM

Does MMIT or .NET Framework provide any support for SMS
or WAP Push? It seems to me that this would be a part of
the MMIT, but I did not find anything on it.

Thanks,

Al
1 Answer

Doug

Alan,

I know that .NET can handle SMS and WAP, but the WAP Push has more to do
with the network provider and the receiving device. If .NET is compliant
with WAP 1.1 and greater then it should have WAP Push support. I do know
that most carriers prefer SMS over WAP because of the revenue but I don't
believe anyone is billing on the WAP Push side.

Hope that helps.

Doug